The Student Room Group

Dont know what to do in life ?

I graduated from uni last summer and got a 2.1, and initially I want to get into the police, and Im working towards it with the role of a Special Constable, which is a voluntary police officer and is a common way to get into the force full time.

However that is only part time 16 hours a month or something. Now im working in a call centre, in a customer service role. Its going ok, but ive been finding it boring, and there is no fulfillment in the job for me, I find it dry and repetitive. If I find another job yes I will go but like I said, im in the police force so I just have to wait, for a recruitment opening.

Now another thing is, I like a girl at work its going ok, however I just want to know if anything can come of us, but its hard as we work different shifts, I mean I cant walk up to her and talk as we're all working. She''s not on social media either. Its frustrating as I want to talk but I cant. The only thing is if I get her number but its a bit early for that. Tbh what ever is meant to be will happen etc.

I have also recently been finding myself feeling upset inside, not really crying but sometimes I want to, it may be stress related. I just want to sit somewhere nice and think which way my life is going and how I can improve.

To me there a lot going on, not enjoying, working doing two shifts in a day, like day and night so I can fit the police work in, which is trying but what can I do, then there is the relationship aspect.

Any advice ? Thanks for the read
Reply 1
Dear Anonymous

Work
One day in the future you will be employed as an officer but this will talk time so keep looking and don't give up, I know it's frustrating. I do basic work at the moment in care. I used to think I'm very qualified because I'm on my 3rd year at uni. however I found out that the majority of staff there came from academic background some of whom used to be a teacher, some have masters but we all do this job that doesn't require any qualifications. Do what you feel you are happy doing.

The girl you Love
Take things slowly, and chat to her how are you? are you enjoying working here? if she likes you she'll let you know don't worry. Girls are very good at that. if she hasn't gave you any hints this means she's not interested.

Quick Reply