Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Forget immigration and terrorism because something bigger is coming...

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

(Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Good thing I am worth sod all. No?
    Well that's not how it works, the price of everything with simply skyrocket, could you pay £100 for loaf of bread........ not that I believe this will actually happen.

At the very least we can support ourselves in the UK if economic Armageddon comes along, we can simply make our own bread and house ourselves. We have been doing it for thousands of years

Places like Africa will be the countries to suffer when the rest of the world isn't supporting them, our money would be worthless and we can't bake everyone bread, our fields aren't big enough. We wouldn't be able to post them over doctors and teachers or soldiers, famine, war and something akin to ebola would wipe most o the continent's population out.

(Original post by Rakas21)
    The Great Recession was caused by Hydraulic Keynesianism (the belief that infinite growth in the credit supply would lead to infinite GDP growth) more than anything else which prompted the speculative real estate bubbles. The banks, government and the consumer were all equally responsible for me.

Increasing the minimum wage only affects those at the bottom in any real way, overall real wage growth is still only about 2% which is not good enough.
    How about the people who took out the mortgages with no way to pay. I'm generally interested in your input.

I was under the impression that the the banks were (specifically in America) encouraged to provide those living on welfare an option to to get mortgages, then mortgaged debt was packed up and traded as currency between banks. When they realized these debt packets were essentially worthless the recession followed.

Is that even close to the truth?

Forget terrorism and it wouldn't matter if there was an economic crisis because we'd all be dead.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.