Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can anyone recommend a good phone similar to iphone 6 in size and specs?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

So my contract is cancelled on Monday and I need to find a replacement one ASAP! I have been thinking of getting the iPhone 6 but looking on the internet it's such a bloody rip for £35p/m and only 500mb - 2gb worth of internet and 500 minutes . I am a big internet user because my room can't receive WiFi on phones I've had so far, probably not strong enough but I wouldn't know if the iPhone 5s is good at picking up WiFi signals? I currently have a Sony Xperia SP and it's sooo bad. Very glitchy since the update and camera quality is beyond poor it's a joke, I could take a better selfie with my cats anus. I'm a big picture taker for my Instagram too. I hear the iPhone 5s heats up a lot but then again I was watching old reviews so I'm not sure if that's still an ongoing problem? I'm not totally locked up on the idea of an iPhone so if anyone has a similar phone android or whatever as long as it's not Sony, please drop your experience. Also anyone with an iPhone 5s, do you like it? Is it a good size for you personally? I'm worried it will be too small for me as I'm used to slightly bulkier and bigger phones and I'm afraid that if it drops once it will shatter lol. I'm tempted to go for the iPhone 5s on Talk mobile because it offers slightly better deals for a lower price. Is talk mobile any good? Thanks in advance

If you want a budget choice, look at the Motorola Moto G. Also Huawei P8 and the Honor 7 sold by Three Mobile.

(Original post by dabbler)
    If you want a budget choice, look at the Motorola Moto G. Also Huawei P8 and the Honor 7 sold by Three Mobile.
    not huawei.

never huawei.

I would recommend my phone, the S6. Got it recently wth £40 upfront, £21 a month with 2GB of data. Steal of a deal imo

Granted I have a 5C, not a 5S but they're actually really good phones. I've dropped mine more times than I can count and all it has is one small scratch. They're also bigger than you think when you've got hold of them.

I've had Apple, Samsung and Sony and I believe Apple is the best out of them

Also just waiting for my 6 to be delivered- £31 a month for 2gb data, 500 mins and unlimited texts with no upfront cost

This all depends on your own preferences but if you want a phone that is similar in size as the 6, the best android options are:

Samsung Galaxy S5
    Google (LG) Nexus 5X
    OnePlus 2
    Motorola Moto G (5th gen)
    HTC One M9
    Huawei P8

The Sony Xperia Z3 and Z5 have hands down the best cameras and really good battery life (from what I've heard) though.

If you want a larger phone in terms of screen size I would recommend :

LG G4
    Motorola Moto X Style, Moto X Play, or Nexus 6
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Huawei Mate 8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.