The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Missed my offer, tried emailing the uni but haven't got a response

Hello :smile: I'm an international student and I've already got my back my results, unfortunately I've got an AAB when my offer was AAA... I haven't firmed the uni yet (should I? At this point it seems kind of counter-intuitive but all my offers are AAA so... it sounds a little sad but I haven't got anything to lose, haha), but I've emailed both the admissions office (by mistake) and the international admissions office over a week ago but neither of them have got back to me. Should I email them again/ is it worth waiting for a response? Or should I just go straight into extra? What I'm most worried about, though, is not being able to find a course of a similar standard in extra :x
Original post by onsenegg
Hello :smile: I'm an international student and I've already got my back my results, unfortunately I've got an AAB when my offer was AAA... I haven't firmed the uni yet (should I? At this point it seems kind of counter-intuitive but all my offers are AAA so... it sounds a little sad but I haven't got anything to lose, haha), but I've emailed both the admissions office (by mistake) and the international admissions office over a week ago but neither of them have got back to me. Should I email them again/ is it worth waiting for a response? Or should I just go straight into extra? What I'm most worried about, though, is not being able to find a course of a similar standard in extra :x

Call them :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I would call them for sure like the above poster. They may wait to see how many others have missed a place and decide whether to still admit you, or they might just do it! :smile: Good luck!!
Reply 3
Original post by cookiemonster15
Call them :smile:

Original post by acontium
I would call them for sure like the above poster. They may wait to see how many others have missed a place and decide whether to still admit you, or they might just do it! :smile: Good luck!!

Do you think it's better to contact the department's admissions directly or the general international admissions? Thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by onsenegg
Do you think it's better to contact the department's admissions directly or the general international admissions? Thank you so much! :smile:

Departments :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending