The Student Room Group

AQA A2 MM2B Mechanics 2 – 27th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

*** This is a discussion thread for the AQA MM2B June 2016 Mechanics 2 Exam ***

This thread is to discuss any questions you have about the AQA M2 course and to discuss the exam after it happens. I will also be posting the unofficial mark scheme either on this thread or will link to it from here if someone else does it. Good luck in your exams!

Date: 27th June 2016
Time: 09:00
Duration: 1h 30m

Resources

M2 Revision Pack: https://goo.gl/uzBkhm

Solomon Papers: http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/m2-solomon/

These are for Edexcel however they are auseful challenge and include many of the hardest questions you could expect tosee on an AQA paper. Please note that not all questions will be on the AQAspecification.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jjsnyder
*** This is a discussion thread for the AQA MM2B June 2016 Mechanics 2 Exam ***

Thanks for making this thread! I'm adding it to the A Level exam directory thread. Do let me know if you make or see any more that aren't on the thread :h: you can find the exam directory thread here. Good luck with this exam!
Reply 2
This is the exam I actually have to do well in to bump up my FM UMS for my offer lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by C0balt
This is the exam I actually have to do well in to bump up my FM UMS for my offer lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's your offer? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
What's your offer? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A* in FM :afraid: and A*A in either chem or physics
Reply 5
Original post by C0balt
A* in FM :afraid: and A*A in either chem or physics

Nice what uni? :smile: You'll get the A*, you got really good ums last year iirc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Nice what uni? :smile: You'll get the A*, you got really good ums last year iirc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Camb :getmecoat:
Yeah I did get good UMS last year but I'm not at all confident with FP modules and goddamn relative motion in M3 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by C0balt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same need 90+ minimum 😩
Reply 8
Original post by C0balt
Camb :getmecoat:
Yeah I did get good UMS last year but I'm not at all confident with FP modules and goddamn relative motion in M3 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh yeah you are not maths are you, I envy the lack of STEP in your offer :frown:

Relative motion is a difficult chapter, I need to practice that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Ohh yeah you are not maths are you, I envy the lack of STEP in your offer :frown:

Relative motion is a difficult chapter, I need to practice that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I'm NatSci. I don't envy your STEP offer either haha :hand: Idm the vector form of rel motion but the triangles are fatal for me lol. I don't get along very well with triangles :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by C0balt
Nope, I'm NatSci. I don't envy your STEP offer either haha :hand: Idm the vector form of rel motion but the triangles are fatal for me lol. I don't get along very well with triangles :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the same actually, I don't really know much about the topic as I haven't done it in ages, but I remember it being hard. Do you know when the exam is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I'm the same actually, I don't really know much about the topic as I haven't done it in ages, but I remember it being hard. Do you know when the exam is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

8th June :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Really like M2 papers, as long as you get the ideas right the actual maths you have to do is very simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Adam_98
Really like M2 papers, as long as you get the ideas right the actual maths you have to do is very simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would agree, the maths is very simple so doing a few past papers goes a long way. Many of the questions are almost identical.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Do we need to know the centre of mass of triangles, hemispheres etc for this spec?
Reply 15
Original post by Hjyu1
Do we need to know the centre of mass of triangles, hemispheres etc for this spec?

No I am fairly sure we use areas for all of those problems, at least that's what all the questions I have done have used.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Absolutely dreading this exam.:redface:
So they can ask anything from Core 3/4 in this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by PiTheta97
So they can ask anything from Core 3/4 in this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt they will throw in modulus etc but trig /calculus wise probs
Dreading this exam lol
I got an E in m1 lol
I just resat it lol and it was hard lol
M2 is gonna kill me lol

help :frown:
And I flopped c3 and c4 so will have to get like 96/75 in this exam to even pass

Quick Reply

Latest