Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Were in this together!

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hi everyone!

Okay so i'm a sixth form student and i know from experience, were all dreading those horrid exams and the revision that goes along with it. I, myself, am going through a lot of stress, depression, and anxiety so i kind of know how everyone feels and my exams are next month for english literature so im literally terrified!.

Basically, if you've got any tips or advice for dealing with stress, depression ect. through the exam season then please feel free to post it! Just tell us what is your situation and we can all help each other because this is a very difficult time for us students and i dont think adults realise how hard it is for us so we have eachother to talk to and this may reduce all of the stress.

Thanks guys!!!!

(Also, if anyone wants like a private chat then feel free to add me on facebook as i am always prepared to help someone in my shoes!)

(Original post by lizagirdlestone)
    Basically, if you've got any tips or advice for dealing with stress, depression ect. through the exam season then please feel free to post it!
    This is such a lovely idea, thank you so much for starting this thread! I've suffered from exam stress a lot in the past, and things only tend to exacerbate at this time of year.

My top tips are:

1.) Self care
    Take time for yourself, build in breaks to your revision. Having a really good structure to your day once you go on study leave really helps, so you know when you're getting up, when you're eating, when you're studying, and what you're doing for fun. Some people do work best late at night, but on the whole, make sure your structure works for you, and don't work when you're tired or distracted. If you feel yourself getting anxious and worked up, don't push yourself to finish the assignment, make sure you're calm and relaxed before you start working again.

2.) Accept that you are only human
    Of course, you could have always revised more, done better in that test, been more focused... but so what? It's done now, and you can control tomorrow, but you can't control yesterday. If a day goes badly, write it off and try not to dwell on it.

3.) Talk
    Friends, family, tutors.... if you're feeling overwhelmed, the worst thing you can do is carry on alone. Let some of that weight off your shoulders, you can't carry it alone.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 1, 1970
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.