The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE ICT Paper 12 May 18th [URGENT !!!!]

Hey,
My IGCSE ICT 0417/12 Paper is on the May 18th. Can anyone tell me the most important things which might com up and which areas i should focus on. Please ask your teachers to tell you what the important things. Thanks
Just Make sure that know all the topic from the syllabus including the new ones like GPS,rfid etc and the new units added. Follow a book according to the 2016 syllabus (we use Cambridge igcse ICT by Graham brown and David Watson)and you are done mostly. Btw how was your paper3?
Reply 2
Paper 3 was quite easy to my perspective but I missed out on changing the currencies for the local countries in the spreadsheet task. That would cost me a few marks. Thanks
Original post by Rivindu
Paper 3 was quite easy to my perspective but I missed out on changing the currencies for the local countries in the spreadsheet task. That would cost me a few marks. Thanks

Do you mean putting the symbols for the local currencies? I don't know whether my formula was right in which we had to multiply the sum by exchange rate because ideally the conversion rates were from us dollar to local currencies but it was the opposite.Other wise the paper was pretty easy and good to know you found it easy too. For the theory part do lots of past papers but dont forget to revise the new topics added.Cheers.
Reply 4
Original post by FLAMING_GOAT123
Do you mean putting the symbols for the local currencies? I don't know whether my formula was right in which we had to multiply the sum by exchange rate because ideally the conversion rates were from us dollar to local currencies but it was the opposite.Other wise the paper was pretty easy and good to know you found it easy too. For the theory part do lots of past papers but dont forget to revise the new topics added.Cheers.

Yes I mean that, yea it was suppose be divided by 5 but our teacher said it was okay because we needed to do what the paper asked us, probably could be a small mistake in the paper. Yea the theory ill need to work on some past papers but the the two paper markschemes will be out in a few weeks then we can check. Good luck for paper 1! Cheers.
Same to you!
have you done your paper 3 already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by laurenm2205
have you done your paper 3 already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes i have :smile:
Reply 8
Hello, my name is Martin, and i'm doing the paper 3 exam soon, please let me know if the following came in Excel: - VLOOKUP - HLOOKUP - WHATIFand also how similar was the exam to the 2016 Specimen Paper 3?
Reply 9
Hello, my name is Martin, and i'm doing the paper 3 exam soon, please let me know if the following came in Excel:
- VLOOKUP
- HLOOKUP
- WHATIF
and also how similar was the exam to the 2016 Specimen Paper 3?
Just open the 2016 syllabus and learn all the new things they have added like rfid,gps etc and the new units added. btw how was you paper 3 today?
how did you find the paper 3 :smile:
and for theory just practice lots of papers and look at new things on the syllabus for example i think the systems life cycle is new :smile:
Reply 13
Does anyone have the feb march 12 2018 paper?
How did everyone find today's paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending