Hey all - did anyone enter it this year? How do you think it went?
I did the Kelvin Essay, the scientific one - The questions were:
Here's the link to the main page http://www.pet.cam.ac.uk/essay-prizesand this year's questions for:
- You are given £10 billion to build a telescope. Where, how and why will you build it and how will you use it to uncover the secrets of the Universe?
- ‘There is no such thing as electron deficient compounds, only theory deficient Chemists.’ Discuss.
- If you were to engineer a tree species to grow tall, what morphological and physiological traits would this species have and how tall could it eventually grow? Physical laws to aid your explanation are welcomed.
- "How far is it to the moon?" - This question may be unrelated to the moon. Read what it is really about here: http://www.hep.phy.cam.ac.uk/~lester/essayQuestion.html
- Is knowledge based medical training obsolete in 2015?
Kelvin Science: https://www.pet.cam.ac.uk/sites/www....elvin%2016.pdf
Vellacott History: https://www.pet.cam.ac.uk/sites/www....acott%2016.pdf
Thomas Campion English:
Did anyone do any of the Peterhouse Cambridge essay prizes this year?
|TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >>||17-10-2016|