The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Tuition Fees Ireland-Scotland

Hi, does anybody know how or where to apply for tuition fees when coming to Stirling Scotland to study Nursing coming from Ireland.
Scottish students going to Scottish unis apply to SAAS for their fees to be paid, I'm not sure if it the same though for you..😕 if it it's there, there mght he some info on what you are meant to do idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Original post by student1013
Hi, does anybody know how or where to apply for tuition fees when coming to Stirling Scotland to study Nursing coming from Ireland.

Are you coming from Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland?
Reply 3

Hey I'm coming from Ireland too and they said at the applicant day that tuition fees are paid for :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Charlotte49
Are you coming from Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland?
republic of ireland
Reply 5
Original post by el7
Hey I'm coming from Ireland too and they said at the applicant day that tuition fees are paid for :smile:
hi, so we don't have to apply anywhere then? they do everything?Did they say anything else at the applicant day, because I was unavailable to attend.thanks :smile:
republic of ireland

I am pretty sure students from ROI aren't eligible for the nursing bursary, but I think you get tuition fees paid but just give SAAS a phone at some point to double check.
Reply 7
hi, so we don't have to apply anywhere then? they do everything?Did they say anything else at the applicant day, because I was unavailable to attend.thanks :smile:

You have to apply through the SAAS for them to cover the tuition fees just contact them and they should be able to help you :smile: You can apply for a grant through SUSI from Ireland too! But they didn't really say much more than that at my interview I'm sure you'll get more information closer to the start date. Is it the stirling campus you're going to? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by el7
You have to apply through the SAAS for them to cover the tuition fees just contact them and they should be able to help you :smile: You can apply for a grant through SUSI from Ireland too! But they didn't really say much more than that at my interview I'm sure you'll get more information closer to the start date. Is it the stirling campus you're going to? :smile:

The saas covers eu students but not EU students that do nursing... Thats why im still trying to figure out what i need to do.
Yes im going to be doing nursing in the main campus of stirling.
Reply 9
The saas covers eu students but not EU students that do nursing... Thats why im still trying to figure out what i need to do.
Yes im going to be doing nursing in the main campus of stirling.

Did you contact the university and ask?
Hey I am in the exact same position and anywhere I seem to contact just tells me to go back to SAAS but they just tell me I am not eligible?
Really don't know what else to do as the University said they didn't know how to help me!
Hi I used to work for student finance NI, England and Wales. Because it's nursing I would tell a NI student to contact NHS. Have a look online to see about a NHS bursary and if you are eligible from there as an eU student

Quick Reply

Latest