The Student Room Group

EY Smart Futures 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey don't be worried too much I just got my phone call today saying I've got accepted into the program at Birmingham! but I also got an offer from PWC as well for their work experience as well and just found out that they clash! I'm gonna have to sadly decline my offer though because not only does it interfere with pwc it intereferes with the Birmingham summer school :frown:
Original post by Mmlb99
I got an email statig they'll give me an outcome by the 15th of May what about you???
The waits been so long

Yeah they did but I assumed it'd still be earlier tbh

I presume I will get an email tomorrow, since it's the last working day before the 15th, with a rejection :frown:

I hope not because it looks like a lot of fun and excellent experience :/
Reply 22
Original post by popcornjpg
Yeah they did but I assumed it'd still be earlier tbh

I presume I will get an email tomorrow, since it's the last working day before the 15th, with a rejection :frown:

I hope not because it looks like a lot of fun and excellent experience :/

Same I was thinking that and seeing that they called the person from Birmingham and a friend of mine got a place on the Easter programme and they called her it seems like such a good opportunity I just want a place sooo bad! I really hope we both get a place
anyone from london office heard a response yet? i thought they were giving responses on the 15th may
Reply 24
Hi, haven't seen a thread about this particular work placement.

Has anyone hear applied and had their interview? I had mine a couple of weeks ago. I think it went well - to be honest, it's so hard to tell. I thought I messed up a lot for PwC but I got in, so who knows.

I got stuck on one question about making sacrifices for my team - I don't think I've ever had to do that tbh.

Original post by HTCORN
Hey, I got my EY Smart Futures offer today and I got PwC aswell!

Hey guys, I've got PwC AC coming up for a summer internship. Can you give me any advice/tips on it?
'The EY Foundation are still reviewing all applications as the programme has proven to be incredibly popular. We do apologise for the delay but look forward to being in touch regarding an outcome of your application very soon'

Well. Now I'm worried that it's so popular this year that I have no chance of a place :frown:
Hey guys, I was one of the last few who had their telephone interview. I applied to the Birmingham offices. Just got a call this morning saying I got through!

Anybody else got a reply yet? Anyone from Birms joining me this summer? :smile:
Reply 27
Yep I will be at the Birmingham office this summer aswell :biggrin:
Reply 28
Any one had a reply for London yet I still haven't heard anything 😒
Hey guys, can somebody please give me tips for my interview coming up tomorrow. I'm quite nervous for it. Also how long was the interview for you guys and approx how many questions do they ask? Lastly when they say what type of questions may come up in an email, are the questions the exact same in this particular case.
Reply 30
Original post by mrdeputyheadboy
Hey guys, can somebody please give me tips for my interview coming up tomorrow. I'm quite nervous for it. Also how long was the interview for you guys and approx how many questions do they ask? Lastly when they say what type of questions may come up in an email, are the questions the exact same in this particular case.

Mine lasted between 20-30 mins and it's really just like a conversation where you basically sell yourself, they'll ask you things like when have you ever worked in a team, obstacles you've had to overcome but i think it changes just be yourself, I hope this helps also what city is yours for

Mine lasted 31 minutes and I was asked about eight questions. I don't think I was asked many or if any at all from the list they sent via the email but it is helpful to do research on those questions and have those answers prepared.

Bear in mind, it's a strengths based interview so they're looking for how you'd behave in certain situations. Try linking your answers back to EY's core values. Have a Word Doc open with possible answers you could give. So for example, list down a time when you've been a leader, team worker etc. I was also asked when I'd had a setback and how I'd managed to get past it. That sort of stuff. But if you are going to be reading from your Word Doc, try not to sound too rehearsed. Make it sound natural. This is all stuff you've probably read or know about before. Still, hope you do find it helpful.

I thought I'd performed awfully but I got through so there's hope for you yet. Best of luck!

Are you for London by the way?
Any Londoners got a reply yet?
Reply 34
Any Londoners got a reply yet?

Still nothing for London for me either it's been ages :frown:
London? I'm still waiting on a reply

Congratulations! I always get rejected from these kind of things. :frown:
Original post by Edminzodo
Congratulations! I always get rejected from these kind of things. :frown:

wat?
wat?

Oops, I quoted the wrong person! But seriously, well done on getting so far.
Original post by Mmlb99
Still nothing for London for me either it's been ages :frown:

I applied for london and got a phone call a few weeks ago saying i got in. Did u try emailing them to ask ?
Reply 39
Original post by SummerSixteen
I applied for london and got a phone call a few weeks ago saying i got in. Did u try emailing them to ask ?

I emailed like 2 weeks ago they said they were reviewing all applications but if you've had a phone call then in probably not in :frown: oh well good luck with the programme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending