The Student Room Group

Permanent Job but Uni in sept

Hey
I got an offer for a permanent job at next; however, i have to go back to uni in September. They didn't really understand when I said this and they gave me the job anyway ( i think they though that i would still be able to do the contract hours in September which I cant). Do you think its okay to quit after a couple of months? Also whats the notice period for Next? Do Next make you sign a contract where you have to do a minimum number of months if having a permanent position ?
Original post by cupcake2nite123
Hey
I got an offer for a permanent job at next; however, i have to go back to uni in September. They didn't really understand when I said this and they gave me the job anyway ( i think they though that i would still be able to do the contract hours in September which I cant). Do you think its okay to quit after a couple of months? Also whats the notice period for Next? Do Next make you sign a contract where you have to do a minimum number of months if having a permanent position ?

I think its okay to quit after a couple of months as you did try to warn them.
Read the contract they gave you. tell tour manager or HR and then quite when the time comes. You might wnat to consider saying you will stay with the organisation, but you wnat to go p/t or zero hours. If youve tld them in advance then its perfectly fine to quit.
Reply 3
Original post by cupcake2nite123
Hey

You can work there till September so you would have done 4 months anyway.
Read your company handbook it should say on there what your notice period will be, when i worked at Primark years ago it was 1 week notice and i worked there for 2 years if above 2 years it would be 2 weeks and so on.
Also there is a high turnover rate in retail so if you leave they will find someone else to replace you but like others have said maybe work part time whilst at uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending