The Student Room Group

Edexcel Economics A, AS - Does Anyone Have a good Summary of Essay Structures?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any good notes on essay structures for this course, as the course has been taught somewhat poorly at my sixth form college. I prefer detailed essay structures that I can memorise quickly in the exam, but all I have been given is vague outlines of what to mention in the essay.

As mentioned the course is Edexcel economics A, and this is for the AS exam.
Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by the one wan
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any good notes on essay structures for this course, as the course has been taught somewhat poorly at my sixth form college. I prefer detailed essay structures that I can memorise quickly in the exam, but all I have been given is vague outlines of what to mention in the essay.

Thanks

We learn this structure;

Define key word
Diagram + Explanation

Point one (Knowledge, Application, Analysis)
Evaluation one

Point two (Knowledge, Application, Analysis)
Evaluate two

Point 3 (Knowledge, Application, Analysis)
Evaluate three

Conclude (A different knowledge point, however it depends on... also influenced by ..... therefore....)

Hope this helps.
The long answer question is not an essay. The structure above looks fine. You need to time yourself to see how many analysis/evaluations you can do under exam conditions. The development of the points will vary depending on the topic. For ideas on how to plan those questions you should look at mark schemes for the legacy papers.
Reply 3
Original post by the one wan
Hi,

Thanks

Watch pajholden's videos on YouTube to learn the course inside out.

Revise all the mark schemes and examiners reports to see what to include/how to structure an essay.

Quick Reply

Latest