The Student Room Group

What's more respected as a degree? English Literature or History of Art

I do English literature and history both for A level and I both really enjoy them, I would love to do either, English because it's my strength and history of Art intrigues me. However I really do not know which degree would give me better career prospects? I've known English graduates to end up in a call centre for a first job which puts me off a bit. I don't know anyone who's got a History of Art degree, but can you get a job that doesn't just include working in a museum?
Original post by ambermariemorgan
I do English literature and history both for A level and I both really enjoy them, I would love to do either, English because it's my strength and history of Art intrigues me. However I really do not know which degree would give me better career prospects? I've known English graduates to end up in a call centre for a first job which puts me off a bit. I don't know anyone who's got a History of Art degree, but can you get a job that doesn't just include working in a museum?

If you have a look at the destinations for both graduates it should give you a list of where recent graduates have ended up. Whatuni sometimes has that information on it.
Original post by ambermariemorgan

The majority of jobs don't require a particular degree subject, they require work experience and evidence of soft skills.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending