The Student Room Group

What to do YSJ vs CU Ranking or preference??

So recently I accepted an offer to study Biomedical Science at Coventry University. I applied for NTU, Coventry, Bangor, Bradford and LPJM and decided I preferred Coventry and, having the highest ranking, that it was the better choice. However, before my application I really liked York St John's but didn't apply as I thought it didn't have IBMS accreditation. I've since learned it has. Do I stick with applying to Coventry the better ranking Uni or do I transfer to YSJ the Uni I'd prefer to be at? Whats more important, ranking or preference? Has anyone been to either, whats your thoughts? Or has anyone been in a similar situation? Really don't know what to do, please help!!!
You only need accreditation if you want to work as a biomed scientist in the NHS. Otherwise it doesn't matter. Go where you will be happy and that has the most interesting course for you. Don't worry about rankings.
I really want to go to York St Johns myself, it seems so nice and friendly, and has glowing reviews.

I was concerned about picking YSJ over University of Liverpool, but I've researched and it seems like it really is just best to go where you think you will be happiest!
Original post by alleycat393
You only need accreditation if you want to work as a biomed scientist in the NHS. Otherwise it doesn't matter. Go where you will be happy and that has the most interesting course for you. Don't worry about rankings.

I am hoping to enter the NHS tbh but yh I think you're right, at least if I go somewhere I'm going to be happy and more comfortable at Ill have a better chance of leaving with a good degree classification.
Original post by DepletingSanity
I really want to go to York St Johns myself, it seems so nice and friendly, and has glowing reviews.

I was concerned about picking YSJ over University of Liverpool, but I've researched and it seems like it really is just best to go where you think you will be happiest!

Yeah, and It does seem a great place to go and tbh I love York wheres as Coventry, though nice, doesn't really compare.
Original post by Anatomically Ace
Yeah, and It does seem a great place to go and tbh I love York wheres as Coventry, though nice, doesn't really compare.

It does seem like a lovely friendly place.
If you decide in it are you applying through UCAS Extra?
Original post by DepletingSanity
It does seem like a lovely friendly place.
If you decide in it are you applying through UCAS Extra?

Yeah, bit of a pain tbh as I've had to ask both my firm and Insurance choice to change my application to rejected in order to be released into extra. Worst part is making up an excuse since you can't exactly say I've decided I don't wanna come to your uni sorry for wasting your time.
Original post by Anatomically Ace
Yeah, bit of a pain tbh as I've had to ask both my firm and Insurance choice to change my application to rejected in order to be released into extra. Worst part is making up an excuse since you can't exactly say I've decided I don't wanna come to your uni sorry for wasting your time.

Don't worry about it- I originally planned to start Uni September just gone- During that time I rejected all 5 offers to apply somewhere else (And I rejected that offer on results day!). Universities go through that many applicants they don't care in the slightest xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending