Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ocd without the C

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

I have had ocd a few times before now, it wasnt typical ocd but it mostly varied and changed. But thats not the point of this post. I know from past experiences that i cant really get any help from online posts but im kind of venting now. So this is the story. I had an argument with someone i know and the person said they pissed in a drink they gave me once. At first i was really pissed off and scared, but later the ****ing morons story didnt even make sense and he kept changing it and it was very obvious its ********. But some of his statements kind of made sense but the ******** outweighed the things that made "sense". I know its very unlikely hes telling the truth but for some reason i have this obsession and anxiety it comes and gos. I dont believe him but i dont know why i have this feeling that i do and no matter how much i remind myself its obvious its ******** i cant shake that feeling away.

Well I have OCD and that's defo not OCD. But yeah I'd say you're right about the OD part.
    I'm not entirely sure what to tell you tbh.
    I would stay from this person tbh. Sounds like they're not a great person to be around if they're gonna keep making up stories like that.
    I totally understand you not being able to shake the feeling (I'm experiencing that at this very moment). It's really not an easy thing to do but you're gonna either have to put up with it until it dies down or keep yourself occupied. Tbh it's a real pain to get rid of and keeping occupied doesn't help me at all. It might for you so I'd still try it. If it doesn't work then you're gonna have to put up with it somehow.
    Hope this helps you.

There's something called 'pure O', which is ocd without the c.

Maybe look into that?

if its any help, soldiers used to drink their own urine to survive during ww1.
    I think he is winding you up, but I know that anxiou feeling is horrible, I recommend, distracting yoursef with other things, maybe watch your fave show, listen to music.
    I you feel really strssd nanxious sometimes, maye try some brething exercises and look up mindfulness.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.