The Student Room Group

How to revise for maths

I'm in year 9 and I am having an exam soon.
I know what to revise but I don't know how to revise maths
Could any please help me
Reply 1
Do loads of past papers - honestly that's the best way to revise maths.
year 9 exams don't matter... don't worry about it.

if you're really worried then just work through a text book.
Original post by Shaban123
I'm in year 9 and I am having an exam soon.
I know what to revise but I don't know how to revise maths
Could any please help me

Personally, I found that CorbettMaths helped a lot.. The website has all of the topics you can possibly find, all topics in the syllabus. They have videos that teach you how to do the questions and they have questions from past papers along with the answers..
http://mathswebsite.com/gcse

My best source of revision
Reply 5
nah year 9 doesnt matter, just relax and take it easy

Only start worrying around GCSEs, even then you only need to aim to get more As and Bs then Cs

At A-Level is when you really need to worry

Even then, you have the fall back option of studying at Open Uni or Apprenticeship
Reply 6
Hello Shaban123,

I think that it's great that you're taking this exam seriously even though you're in year 9. The best way to revise would be to take home your workbooks and other resources from your school (make sure to ask your teacher first). You can buy revision books also - but mainly those are aimed at yr 10/11 students, but it can still help. You can also use the internet to find out how to do something.

But the best way to learn is to do maths (working through worksheets etc)
Reply 7
Original post by Xenice
Hello Shaban123,

I think that it's great that you're taking this exam seriously even though you're in year 9. The best way to revise would be to take home your workbooks and other resources from your school (make sure to ask your teacher first). You can buy revision books also - but mainly those are aimed at yr 10/11 students, but it can still help. You can also use the internet to find out how to do something.

But the best way to learn is to do maths (working through worksheets etc)

Liar
teaches just want to make money, they dont care about you
Start by doing STEP 3 papers. This will build a solid foundation for when you take your GCSE maths exam.
Hey, i did my gcse maths exam in summerpast and i had the same probem.
The best thing to do is do past papers over and over again, its really works
Trust me
Reply 10
The way the Labour Market is going, we will all be working for minimum wage for billionaire class and Reality TV stars

no point learnings about integration by parts just learn about how to be a good butler
Reply 11
Original post by jon2016
Liar
teaches just want to make money, they dont care about you

I'm not really sure why i'm a liar. I was only suggesting that he could maybe ask his teacher for the names of the books used in class. But I respect your opinion anyway, about teachers.
Mathswatch and videos on Youtube.
I never revised in yr 9 at all i think you should chill till next yr tbh. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest