The Student Room Group

Want to start talking to her...

I went to a friend's house about three weeks ago and got chatting to a girl for like ten minutes. She remembered me from fb, as we'd added each-other during freshers week at uni, and when we were talking she asked about stuff I post on my profile. She was quite nice but had also been drinking so I didn't think too much about her talking to me.

She seems sweet, and I'd like to get to know her better, but I don't really feel confident just sending her a message on fb. We have some of the same friends so I was thinking of maybe asking one of them to bring her along for a party or something? I feel awkward asking because knowing my friends they'd think I was really into her, but I just want to see if she's someone I'd consider dating. If she was, I would just ask her out simple as, but at the moment I just want to get to know her better.

Is asking my friend a good idea? Anything else I could try?
Asking your friend seems fairly harmless, I'd say go for it! Or just message on FB, cringe and hate yourself the second you press send and feel relief when she's replies.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I went to a friend's house about three weeks ago and got chatting to a girl for like ten minutes. She remembered me from fb, as we'd added each-other during freshers week at uni, and when we were talking she asked about stuff I post on my profile. She was quite nice but had also been drinking so I didn't think too much about her talking to me.

She seems sweet, and I'd like to get to know her better, but I don't really feel confident just sending her a message on fb. We have some of the same friends so I was thinking of maybe asking one of them to bring her along for a party or something? I feel awkward asking because knowing my friends they'd think I was really into her, but I just want to see if she's someone I'd consider dating. If she was, I would just ask her out simple as, but at the moment I just want to get to know her better.

Is asking my friend a good idea? Anything else I could try?

Just FB her.
Pluck up the courage and hit that button.
Then there is no turning back.
:biggrin:
Reply 3
What should I say if I just fb message her? :redface:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
What should I say if I just fb message her? :redface:

Well you said she spoke to you about things on your profile talk more about that.

Quick Reply

Latest