The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Probably better if you post in the medicine forum but I would guess that you need AAB unless the Uni really likes you and gives you a lower offer.
One can find out what the entrance requirements are simply by looking at that University's website where it will say.
But to answer your question, no, not many Medical schools, in fact I can only think of Peninsula.
Reply 3
Also you seriously seriously want to do as well as you can this year! Just to make it easier for the A2s..stupid things..
Dr.Dave
I am currently taking my A/S levels (bio, chem, geog, economics) . Is it true that many med schools accept ABB at A2 level? I just need reassurance really lol. Dave :smile:

:eek: :eek: 10 years ago maybe. NO med school accepts ABB ( may be PMS) . a handful of people might get lower than normal offers but 99.9 % of pple that get offers will be AAB or AAA.

i wouldnt be surprised if in 2 /3 yrs that every med school goes for AAA minimum offers.
Reply 6
Elles
I remember the days of a range of ABB medical schools... I'm not quite that old - say 5 years ago. :p:

less than that when i applied 2004 entry ucl and i think possibly all of the london med schools offered ABB
Reply 7
Elles
I remember the days of a range of ABB medical schools... I'm not quite that old - say 5 years ago. :p:

I think it was less than that! There were ABB offers going out when i started and i'm just finishing my third year here.

Oh how times flies.......
Hehe, in a few years I'll be reminiscing on the days when one needed "only" AAB, and not AAAA + AEA Biology Merit. :p:
ok ok guys , maybe i went OTT . 3 yrs then. definatyely not now.

and the thread starter will be applying in 2008 , by then many more med schools might go up to AAA
..Or if the grades change possibly A*A*A or A*AA...oh dear. i think BSMS accept with ABB aswell but PMS and BSMS are the only two
Reply 11
iceman_jondoe
..Or if the grades change possibly A*A*A or A*AA...oh dear. i think BSMS accept with ABB aswell but PMS and BSMS are the only two

BSMS doesn't accept with ABB it will offer maybe 1 or 2 a year to truely exceptional candidates but it is only 1 or 2 i can't think of anyone i have met who has got in on ABB since the grade change.
randdom
BSMS doesn't accept with ABB it will offer maybe 1 or 2 a year to truely exceptional candidates but it is only 1 or 2 i can't think of anyone i have met who has got in on ABB since the grade change.

ahh sorry, thinking back to it, i think they allow resitters with ABB already to reapply and interview them. my bad
Reply 13
i think UCL give BBB to people who the dogs *******s at interview, and Somewhere on here someone got an EEE offer from cambridge, again dogs *******s at interview.
Reply 14
Kicky was it? who got the EEE offer?
I think they give the BBB offer to girls who show cleavage or something... :p:

*runs away from becca* :wink:
Reply 16
St Georges gives out offers of BBBc and above depending on the average points score of your sixth form/college
http://www.sgul.ac.uk/students/undergraduate/medicine/mbbs5/medicine_home.cfm
Yeah , but that's somewhat of a special case.
Philosoraptor
I think they give the BBB offer to girls who show cleavage or something... :p:

*runs away from becca* :wink:

That can't be right. I don't have any cleavage to speak of :p: :p: :p:
Reply 19
ugh, i rly dont like these stupid exam requirements getting quicker. By the time i apply, 4-5A*s will probably be laughable and all my hopes of medicine will be crushed by the evil that is 12A* students:mad: I just hate these high entry requirements, as far as i've noticed, ABB students are probably no less intelligent than A* students.

Latest

Trending

Trending