The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Pharmacy at King's or UCL!!

Hi all,

I'm an international student and applied for Pharmacy. I'm not familiar with the ranks of the UK universities so I need your help!

Recently I have received conditional offers from KCL as well as UCL. I am wondering which university offers a better course for the subject. Taking into account of the overall ranks and course structure (and student satisfaction or stuff), which university do you guys prefer?

PS I have searched for several league rankings and they differ a lot so I'm really confused >.<!

Thanks and your help will be much appreciated!
Hi, UCL has more prestige so go for that, whereas KCL is affiliated with better teaching hospitals. ultimately, it doesnt really matter where you go to, as long as you get a 1st or 2:1 and pass your pre-reg. (everyone from all the unis have to score >70% overall and in calcs using the exact same exam). tbh, a lot of people assume being affiliated with a certain uni will increase / decrease your chances of being hired by top pre-reg places / employers. the reality is if you get good grades at uni and have good experiece / extra-curricular, even someone from somewhere like medway or hertfordshire can get into places like Guy's and St. Thomas', Cambridge Hospitals, GOSH, Royal Free, etc (good example, 1 in 3 pre-reg's in GOSH in 2013/14 were medway graduates)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending