The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Diagnostic Radiography 2017

Hey guys, is anyone looking to study Diagnostic Radiography at CCCU in 2017?

Scroll to see replies

Yea i am, do you know the situation on finance of the course? are you currently doing A levels?
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by clinton21
Yea i am, do you know the situation on finance of the course? are you currently doing A levels?

Hi Clinton,

As far as I know, the finance for the course won't change drastically and I think the tuition fees will remain the same, but I may be wrong. In relation to A Levels, yeah I'm currently studying. What about you?
are tuition fees paid or will you have to obtain a tuition loan (9k) ? I'm going to start an access course in september looking around for the best one to take. Have you any work exp yet in the health care sector?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by clinton21
are tuition fees paid or will you have to obtain a tuition loan (9k) ? I'm going to start an access course in september looking around for the best one to take. Have you any work exp yet in the health care sector?

I think that the tuition fees would still be paid by 2017, but having said that something could change by 2017. In relation to healthcare experience, yeah i have been volunteering in places like the hospice to get experience in the field.
Reply 5
Hi yes im starting in April (last time they are doing this) at Medway campus. As far as i know this is the last NHS funded course. If you wre starting in September funding will be by the same route as any other degree. I fact im pretty certain of it. Thats the reason I busted my butt to get in for April. Hope that helps. At least it will make it possibly easier to get a place.
Hi,
im applying for diagnostic radiography for sept 2017 entry at St George's, City University, London South Bank Uni, and Uni of Hertfordshire

ive already done my a levels, bio, chem, and psych, got BCC, then did a year studying sports science with business studies (joint honours) at Brunel University, then really didnt like the sport stuff so dropped out after the first yr, so i guess im kind of a mature student? not 21 tho so not sure

i still havent been able to get any work experience specific to radiography, but i have done some shadowing physio's, a surgeon, and a nurse
been applying to radiography assistant jobs, but again dont have any hospital work experience so not getting anything yet

any tips for the personal statement? and for interview? what kind of things do they ask u?
will i be at a disadvantage as a drop out?

thanks for any help
(edited 7 years ago)
has anyone studying btec in health and social care applied to this CCCU for diagnostic radiography? please get back to me if you have as there is a terrifying debate about whether they will accept me because of the science content or not. i called them and they said they will accept a btec in health and social care but im not too sure now as i have received a rejection from Derby because of that and im scared that i might not get in CCCU for that reason.
Reply 8
Hi @Chasdad just wondering, did you apply for the April start date last year? I applied this year with the hope of doing my course at the Medway campus, I even went to the Radiography open day there in November, but it looks like they are only doing the course at Canterbury from September?

Thanks in advance, Sarah
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Sarah_78
Hi @Chasdad just wondering, did you apply for the April start date last year? I applied this year with the hope of doing my course at the Medway campus, I even went to the Radiography open day there in November, but it looks like they are only doing the course at Canterbury from September?

Thanks in advance, Sarah

Hi Sarah

Yes unfortunately that is the case. To get in this April you had to apply at the same time as the applicants for Canterbury Sept 2016. It has been a very long wait.... Im guessing youve got your grades etc already?Also I assume that all places will have been filled through clearing etc months ago. I dont know if this is an issue for you but its also my understanding that the NHS Bursary will not be available for any DR students starting in August / Sept 2017 onwards and they will have to fund themselves via the Student Finance England. Not sure if Tuition Fees still being paid though. A joke really given the time spent in the workplace.

Hope thats not hugely bad news. I know that without the bursary and accessibility (i live in Maidstone) this degree and career choice would have been a non starter for me.

Tony
Original post by Chasdad
Hi Sarah

Yes unfortunately that is the case. To get in this April you had to apply at the same time as the applicants for Canterbury Sept 2016. It has been a very long wait.... Im guessing youve got your grades etc already?Also I assume that all places will have been filled through clearing etc months ago. I dont know if this is an issue for you but its also my understanding that the NHS Bursary will not be available for any DR students starting in August / Sept 2017 onwards and they will have to fund themselves via the Student Finance England. Not sure if Tuition Fees still being paid though. A joke really given the time spent in the workplace.

Hope thats not hugely bad news. I know that without the bursary and accessibility (i live in Maidstone) this degree and career choice would have been a non starter for me.

Tony

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.
I was already prepared to pay through the student loan route, I just don't understand why they are having Radiography open days at Medway still? It seems pointless 🤔
Unfortunately I am currently on an Access course that finishes in June so I won't have the grades to apply for clearing even if there are places 🙁
Reply 11
Hi, thanks for getting back to me.
I was already prepared to pay through the student loan route, I just don't understand why they are having Radiography open days at Medway still? It seems pointless 🤔
Unfortunately I am currently on an Access course that finishes in June so I won't have the grades to apply for clearing even if there are places 🙁

Yeah seems strange, maybe because there's still a department there until April 2020 and means people n the area dont have to travel to Canterbury? Have you got an interview at CCCU for this Septembers intake? ( you said you'd applied).
Original post by Chasdad
Yeah seems strange, maybe because there's still a department there until April 2020 and means people n the area dont have to travel to Canterbury? Have you got an interview at CCCU for this Septembers intake? ( you said you'd applied).

Hey,
Yes I've applied, I have an interview in Canterbury next week. I would still travel to Canterbury but Medway would have been much close for me. I live in London, but I drive so won't take me much longer than it does to travel to london uni's on public transport really.
maybe I would be able to do some classes at Medway if they still have your intake there? I will ask when I go for the interview.
Talking of the interview, when you went for yours did you do an English and maths test before the actual interview?

Thanks Sarah
Reply 13
Hey,
Yes I've applied, I have an interview in Canterbury next week. I would still travel to Canterbury but Medway would have been much close for me. I live in London, but I drive so won't take me much longer than it does to travel to london uni's on public transport really.
maybe I would be able to do some classes at Medway if they still have your intake there? I will ask when I go for the interview.
Talking of the interview, when you went for yours did you do an English and maths test before the actual interview?

Thanks Sarah

Hi no, no tests, it was a preseentation by academic staff then a one to one interview. Having said that Im told they are now conducting mmi style interviews, so the format has changed. Are they doing tests as well now? Would probably only be an extra 20 minutes by car on the M2 depending on traffic (most is going the other way in the mornings).

I guess the problem with doing classes in Medway might be that many would be four months ahead. Mayge the practicals would beca possibility. However my advice would be not to sound as if you'd rather he going to Medway. Did you apply to City or St Georges or South Bank in London?
Original post by Chasdad
Hi no, no tests, it was a preseentation by academic staff then a one to one interview. Having said that Im told they are now conducting mmi style interviews, so the format has chainged. Are they doing tests as well now? Would probably only be an extra 20 minutes by car on the M2 depending on traffic (most is going the other way in the mornings).

I guess the problem with doing classes in Medway might be that many would be four months ahead. Mayge the practicals would beca possibility. However my advice would be not to sound as if you'd rather he going to Medway. Did you apply to City or St Georges or South Bank in London?

Hi,

Yeah you're right, I don't want to sound like I don't want to go to Canterbury, maybe if I get an offer I will ask😄
I've applied for Southbank and city, but would rather go to Southbank or Canterbury. I had my interview at Southbank already but haven't heard back yet, I was really nervous and I think I came across as a bit manic 😄
Southbank had us come in for an English and maths test before interview and then in the interview day got us to write 200 words, which I would normally find easy but on the day I wrote a load of rubbish. I just wanted to prepare myself for any tests at Canterbury.
Thanks for all you advice, much appreciated.
Reply 15
Hi,

Yeah you're right, I don't want to sound like I don't want to go to Canterbury, maybe if I get an offer I will ask😄
I've applied for Southbank and city, but would rather go to Southbank or Canterbury. I had my interview at Southbank already but haven't heard back yet, I was really nervous and I think I came across as a bit manic 😄
Southbank had us come in for an English and maths test before interview and then in the interview day got us to write 200 words, which I would normally find easy but on the day I wrote a load of rubbish. I just wanted to prepare myself for any tests at Canterbury.
Thanks for all you advice, much appreciated.

No problem. Good luck with it all, just relax and be yourself and you will do fine.
Original post by Chasdad
No problem. Good luck with it all, just relax and be yourself and you will do fine.

Thanks 👍
Reply 17
Hey I've applied for this course at cccu in September to do the 2017 course and they emailed me about confirming my grades which I did but I haven't heard back from them about an interview or anything and I know some people are having theirs so I was wondering when do you usually hear back from them as I'm getting really worried
Reply 18
Original post by Yakky50
Hey I've applied for this course at cccu in September to do the 2017 course and they emailed me about confirming my grades which I did but I haven't heard back from them about an interview or anything and I know some people are having theirs so I was wondering when do you usually hear back from them as I'm getting really worried

Hi if youre worried you should call admissions: the number is on the website. Even if your application has been rejected you should still hear from them. If you cant find the number post here tomorrow and I will dig it out for you.
Yes i will be having my interview on the 27th Feb. can anyone please give me an insight into the kind of question one could likely expect?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending