The Student Room Group

Immunisations for starting healthcare course in September?

Hi everyone,

Hopefully I'll be starting uni in September to start a midwifery course and have been told by my firm choice which immunisations I need to have had before I start. From the list there are two that I haven't had - the BCG vaccine for tuberculosis and the hepatitis B vaccine. Only problem is that I can't find anywhere that will provide me with these. My local GP surgery said that they don't do them and that I should try my local walk in centre and my local hospital. I then tried both of these and only to be told by them that they don't do them and that the uni should be organising it for me??

Has anyone else had this problem before? And should I just keep trying different hospitals to see if i eventually find one that will do them for me?
Original post by Chloe525_X
Hi everyone,

Hopefully I'll be starting uni in September to start a midwifery course and have been told by my firm choice which immunisations I need to have had before I start. From the list there are two that I haven't had - the BCG vaccine for tuberculosis and the hepatitis B vaccine. Only problem is that I can't find anywhere that will provide me with these. My local GP surgery said that they don't do them and that I should try my local walk in centre and my local hospital. I then tried both of these and only to be told by them that they don't do them and that the uni should be organising it for me??

Has anyone else had this problem before? And should I just keep trying different hospitals to see if i eventually find one that will do them for me?

Your university's occupational health department may provide these vaccinations, mine did, give them a call and ask. Even if they don't do them they should be able to point you in the right direction to get them.
Reply 2
Original post by moonkatt
Your university's occupational health department may provide these vaccinations, mine did, give them a call and ask. Even if they don't do them they should be able to point you in the right direction to get them.

Thank you for the fast reply, I'll give them a call and see what they suggest :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending