I'm sounding out the possibility of studying the MSc Management programme at Edinburgh University. My main concern is if my application would be competitive enough to earn a place and whether it be worth applying. I've always wanted to study at Edinburgh University but I don't know if my application will be strong enough even though I have the 2.1 they require. They probably think less of my BA as it was awarded by the 'met' university in the city.
My academic and professional credentials are as follows:
- 2:1 BA (Hons) Marketing Management at Edinburgh Napier University.
- Grade average: 60.89% average (Under extenuating circumstances, both my grandparents died in my final year.. Average dropped about 8% overall on previous years average)
- Two years middle management (Co-ordinator) marketing position (Company turnover: £2million a year) , two years in various supporting roles.
- Excellent references from employers and academia.
- Various charity support work Be a Friend UK, Cancer Research UK.
- Represented the university 1st XV rugby and 1st XI football.
Career highlights include:
- Managing the visit itinerary and marketing actions on behalf my company for the visit of Andrew RT Davies (leader of The Welsh Conservative Party).
- Managed 3 regional marketing campaigns.
- Represented my company at a number of events and expositions.
- Developed all company templates and layouts for company communications.
- Given management responsibility of all analytics data.
- Report monthly to board of directors with all e-commerce, web traffic and campaign analysis.
- Assisted with the preparation and co-ordination of the Tour of Britain, World Mountain Running Championships and Queens baton passing events with my local council. (even held the tape for the masters event of the world mountain running championships LOL)
- Created two marketing strategy platforms for expansions and start ups. Freelance whilst studying.
- Gained four extra qualifications in my current position, mainly related to SEO and web analytics.
- Managed an under 10's football team whilst studying for my A-Levels that reach national stage tournaments.
- Gained initial coaching qualifications from Football Association from Wales, just to help me work better with the kids really.
I'm really doubting my chances but any feedback on my outlook would be greatly appreciated, I don't mind being brought down if it's the reality I have to face.
HELP! Application for MSc Management (2017)
|Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher!||27-10-2016|