The Student Room Group

Masaryk or Palacky

So I just recently took my Czech exams for Palacky and Masaryk passed and got an offer from both unis. Since I haven't been to visit either of them I was wondering which one was better and which is likely to have more international students and students from the uk.
What's the main differences between the two?? And what's the environment like in the cities that they're in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Can you share how was Palacky's exam in comparison to Masaryk for Bio/Chem/Phy or Maths ?
Reply 2
The chemistry exam for Palacky was much easier than Masaryks just basic calculations. I think the biology was just as hard as each other, and both of the maths are mainly just problem solving hardly any a level stuff. Both probably on the same level aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thanks ! As I understand one was to get 3 out 5 in maths. What specific topics were covered in Maths and what is the total cut-off percentage required to clear. I know in Masaryk it is 60%.
Reply 4
Yeah for Palacky the past mark is 55% in each paper and 60% overall for Masaryk, and like i said there wasn't really specific topics for maths, it was mainly just problem solving, I do a2 maths and nothing like that comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by busola213
Yeah for Palacky the past mark is 55% in each paper and 60% overall for Masaryk, and like i said there wasn't really specific topics for maths, it was mainly just problem solving, I do a2 maths and nothing like that comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are there any particular topics we need to concentrate on for biology? Apparently that part was very difficult.. Is it anything like the sample papers put up?

Thanks in advance for your help :smile:
Reply 6
I did the Palacky preparation papers and and literally non off the stuff I did came up in the biology exam it was basically guess work can't even remember what came up sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Okay thanks for your help :biggrin:
Reply 8
Your answers are really helping me alot.. Just one last question.. Would you recommend any website that should be used for preparation/ any other method you suggest? Thanks a lot once again!!
Reply 9
Is this for Masaryk or Palacky, there's past papers of the Masaryk exam I could send you, for chemistry id just say focus on calculations such a ph and amount of substance for the Masaryk exam your not allowed a periodic table so make sure you know all the masses and atomic numbers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I need to know about Palacky in particular.. In case you have the past papers for Palacky (apart from this years sample papers) that would be helpful..
(edited 8 years ago)
Is this for Masaryk or Palacky, there's past papers of the Masaryk exam I could send you, for chemistry id just say focus on calculations such a ph and amount of substance for the Masaryk exam your not allowed a periodic table so make sure you know all the masses and atomic numbers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I just came across your post and was wondering if you would be able to send me any sample papers you have? Thank you!
Reply 12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,

I would appreciate if you could send me the past papers as well.

Thanks
Are any of you at Palacky?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending