The Student Room Group

How to stop thinking about mistakes

This week I have done a mock exam week but I find it hard to relax because I just keep thinking about the mistakes I made that I shouldn't have made. How can you switch off and relax?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Remember that it's a mock and not the real thing. I also did a mock this week and got it back yesterday, realised how many silly mistakes I made. Mocks make you realise your mistakes so that you don't repeat them - so it's technically a positive. I tend to listen to music to relax.
Original post by ravioliyears
Remember that it's a mock and not the real thing. I also did a mock this week and got it back yesterday, realised how many silly mistakes I made. Mocks make you realise your mistakes so that you don't repeat them - so it's technically a positive. I tend to listen to music to relax.

what is a mock exam
Original post by Fruitninja
what is a mock exam

A practise exam before your real exams. You'll get a lot of them in sixth form, yr 10 and yr 11.
A practise exam before your real exams. You'll get a lot of them in sixth form, yr 10 and yr 11.

then what is coursework
then what is coursework

Coursework is a seperate part of the subject you take - the grade you get in a subject can be often be split into coursework and exam. For example, when did ICT for GCSE, it was 60 per cent courework and 40 per cent exam. The percentage means what percentage of your grade it will be worth. You have to complete tasks related to the subject and a topic, so for science, your coursework would be on experiments, relating them to real life situations and comparing results. Does this make sense?
Coursework is a seperate part of the subject you take - the grade you get in a subject can be often be split into coursework and exam. For example, when did ICT for GCSE, it was 60 per cent courework and 40 per cent exam. The percentage means what percentage of your grade it will be worth. You have to complete tasks related to the subject and a topic, so for science, your coursework would be on experiments, relating them to real life situations and comparing results. Does this make sense?

thanks this was helpful
thanks this was helpful

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 8

Thank you that's really helpful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BobbiBlue
Thank you that's really helpful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest