The Student Room Group

Help Me-Work Experiance

Hi,

I just wanted to ask that i am really good in my School Academic Studies. I am getting really good grades, but the problem is that many people in my school aren't getting into there own Sixth Form because they don't have experience.

I know i'm good in my Studies but, im worried, because I have very little experience. My school friends are all Prefects, Reading Mentors, Stay after school for extracurricular clubs and always helps the school in evening when the school needs help.

However, I don't have any experience.

Should i be worried?
Ant tips and advice?
Ways to get volunteering opportunities?

Thanks!
Original post by adam_4531
Should i be worried?

Of course not! You don't just get experience from being prefects, mentors or being part of an extra curricular.

Ant tips and advice?

In sixth form interviews talk about the things you do in your own time. Do you have any hobbies or play a sport? Just be yourself. Discuss experiences of group work in lessons, how it's been effective: able to collaborate and communicate with people, built confidence with any presentations, can be able to work independently and dependently effectively.

Ways to get volunteering opportunities?

You can volunteer for a charity or join an extra-curricular club in or out of school.

Quick Reply

Latest