Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mental health support in uni

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I struggle with depression and anxiety so when I applied to uni I asked to get some support. The university I've applied to has emailed me asking about my illness and they want me to give them evidence. I was diagnosed with depression when I was 15 and I told my psychiatrist and GP that I suffer with panic attacks and told them about my anxiety. I don't really know if they diagnosed me with an anxiety or so will I still be able to put it on the application ? And if I was diagnosed with depression nearly 3 years ago will I still be able to tell them about that? Also what kind of support do universities offer to students that suffer with illnesses like this?
    Thank you x

    The support you get given, depends what you really need. For example, some students (you have to apply for DSA) with depression may get exam arrangements.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 1, 1970
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.