The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Avoid X1!

Where to begin with the issues of leasing a room/flat from X1 Lettings? I will begin by saying that I am not going to disclose the exact property I live in. I feel that they are so petty that they will find a non existent reason to keep my deposit.
If you search for them on Twitter, you will see all of these posts and retweets about how great they are. About all the awards that they’re winning. But if you happen to click on the ‘All Tweets’ tab you will see that most of the comments about them are negative.
Things constantly break within your own room/flat or the buildings as a whole. Since I’ve been renting from X1 I have seen multiple tweets that hint at how bad the building work is. Floods and caved in ceilings (again, not in the same building). I know the people who moved into the Liverpool One property were delayed for several weeks. People who paid to live in the waterfront in Liverpool found that their keys to park their cars didn’t work. I myself had to wait three weeks for a response to a maintenance call. and when they showed up they informed me they had only just gotten the request that day!
It doesn’t help that, for the most part, the company seems to be run by people that are barely 20! What experience do they have to manage a property housing hundreds? The only answer I have been able to come up with is they’re cheap to hire and happy to have a steady job.
But let me tell you, they are utterly useless!
Do not be fooled by the fancy mock up videos on their website. Whoever owns the company has paid well to make the properties look amazing. They are far from it. They are cheaply built, cold and to be not well looked after. I couldn’t tell you how often the lifts and entrances are absolutely filthy. It tends to take them at least 4 or 5 days to bother getting cleaners in.
I’ve heard stories from the overnight staff about how the company has failed to pay them.
The only good thing I can say about living here is that it is convenient for uni. But I have no intention of staying on next year. They seem to me to be a company after a ‘quick buck’.
Please, don’t be fooled by the fancy website and the professional photos. That is not the reality of leasing from X1. Look elsewhere.
I am sure people will continue leasing from them. And I am equally as sure they will be just as dissatisfied as me and my friends have been.
If you’re looking for somewhere to live in Liverpool or Manchester. Look elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending