The Student Room Group

Can someone clear some stuff up for me?

Hi.

1) Do the AS exams count towards my A Level grade? If not, what to do they count for?

2) Going into year 2/A level, will I still need to keep everything from year 1/ will the year 2 exams include stuff from year 1?

(If anyone also knows the answers to these questions for Psychology and Politics, that'd be great.)

Cheers!
Original post by Ostrava
Hi.

1) Do the AS exams count towards my A Level grade? If not, what to do they count for?

2) Going into year 2/A level, will I still need to keep everything from year 1/ will the year 2 exams include stuff from year 1?

(If anyone also knows the answers to these questions for Psychology and Politics, that'd be great.)

Cheers!

If you're doing the new A-Levels then AS's won't count towards your final A-Level grade - they're just a standalone qualification now. I believe that you'll need to know stuff from both Year 12 and Year 13 for your exams at the end. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by usycool1
If you're doing the new A-Levels then AS's won't count towards your final A-Level grade - they're just a standalone qualification now. I believe that you'll need to know stuff from both Year 12 and Year 13 for your exams at the end. :smile:

Thanks for the reply :smile:. The only thing that stops me thinking that, is while I think Biology and Psychology are as you said, I think I recall my Politics teacher saying it was not a "new" A Level yet, and the AS still counted towards the A Level.
Reply 3
Yeah, I've just checked and Psychology and Biology are as you described but Politics AS still counts towards the A Level. Thanks for the help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest