The Student Room Group

Women Only Cab Service

Do you guys i agree with this.
I think its a good idea personally and i welcome it .
http://www.chariotforwomen.com/

As the worrying increase in sexual assault claims made by women to popular taxi service Uber grows louder, a new Boston-based startup has decided to launch a car service made just for ladies.

Yep, in an attempt to improve women's safety, the new female-only Uber-like service called Chariot for Women will only accept women or children under 13 as passengers. Sorry fellas!Quote:More than 1,000 women have already signed up as drivers and the new taxi app for ladies launches in the US on April 19 but could be coming to the UK soon.
:s-smilie:
possible name:

Buber
I feel very depressed about these 'solutions' to sexual assault.

Original post by the bear
possible name:

Buber

Stop rep-whoring, you silly furball. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Female fake taxi is already there.
Original post by thunder_chunky

Yeah lol 😂😂
misandry
Reply 7
I know a bit about this topic because I did a business plan on it for my final term group project last year.
Personally I don't like it one bit as I it is completely sexist. Thankfully, such businesses would be breaking anti-discrimination laws of the EU. There are organisations who are offering such services via a "loophole", by going not for profit, such as Pink Ladies in Warrington with over 7000 members iirc and other companies in Manchester and London.

Our team were able to come up with a way of appealing to the same target market without being discriminatory. We were allowing members, i.e. those who would provide their details, the choice of drivers. So if they had any qualms, they could choose the driver who, from our side, just happened to be female. Although selecting a driver by sex/gender is a practice that we neither encouraged or discouraged, we advertised the ability to choose the driver in general as a USP amongst the other safety features we provided.

The same features should help attract female drivers, but we would also station specific drivers to membership-only customers.
(edited 8 years ago)
Problem: Sexual assault

Solution: Keep away from men.

American logic for you, ladies and gentlemen.
Original post by thunder_chunky

:rofl3: :laugh: :tong:
Original post by muslimstanisyed
Do you guys i agree with this.
I think its a good idea personally and i welcome it .
http://www.chariotforwomen.com/

As the worrying increase in sexual assault claims made by women to popular taxi service Uber grows louder, a new Boston-based startup has decided to launch a car service made just for ladies.

Yep, in an attempt to improve women's safety, the new female-only Uber-like service called Chariot for Women will only accept women or children under 13 as passengers. Sorry fellas!Quote:More than 1,000 women have already signed up as drivers and the new taxi app for ladies launches in the US on April 19 but could be coming to the UK soon.

Anybody else see something wrong with that? :erm:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Anybody else see something wrong with that? :erm:

I don't think that an under 13 year old would get a taxi on their own, so um... no.

Quick Reply

Latest