The Student Room Group

A-Level Reforms???

Hii, For my A-Levels I have chosen
Biology
Chemistry
Maths with stats
English Literature

However does this mean I can't drop any of them by the end of year 12? These new reforms are confusing me :/
I was planning on having 1 AS and 3 A-Levels
Reply 2
U can drop any subject... the new reforms just mean As and A level ( year 1 and year 2 ) are counted separately. So of u get an e in first year ... you can still get an A* year 2.

Before As use to be 40% of you're final grade
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BinyQuan
U can drop any subject... the new reforms just mean As and A level ( year 1 and year 2 ) are counted separately. So of u get an e in first year ... you can still get an A* year 2.

Oh thank you for clarifying that :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by BinyQuan

is this for all exam boards or just a specific one.
Original post by GCSEstudentt
Oh thank you for clarifying that :biggrin:

AS levels used to be 50% of the final grade, but he's basically right. AS levels are now completely separate qualifications, and will primarily just be used for uni applications to show what you're capable of. You might not sit AS levels in your subjects (as they're not necessary, so some schools don't do them any more), but you probably will. So you'd end up with 4 AS levels, and 3 full A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest