Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Should I start again?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I started at Hope university in 2013 studying law and psychology, I completed my first year and decided that I only wanted to study law. I spoke to the head of the department who told me that they were offering the LLB Law course starting that year and I could do my second year part time to complete my first year of the law degree. Now, I am in my second year of university and I hate it where I am. I am not overly confident that I am going to well in my exams and I hate being at the university. I really wish I had done the LLB Law course at a different university which has been doing the course longer and knows what is going on with it, I don't know where I am with the course and I don't think the tutors do either.
    I am struggling to decide what to do, whether to try and change universities for my third year and hope for the best, or apply at a different university and do 3 more years at the LLB. The problem that I am facing with that is that I doubt I will get funding as funding only covers you for 4 years, which there is no way I'll be able to afford £18,000 for an extra 2 years. HELP.

Dont you mean you have really completed 1 year of an LLB i.e the 2nd year you are in is just p/t? Normally first years arent that important and as you have another two years funding left you could try and join an LLB from the second year. It depends on whether they will accept your course credits amd ofc whether they will make a place for you.

If in fact you are two full years into an LLB 2 years p/t plys 1 year f/t, then you will need to ring round to see if hey will do transfers into a 3rd year.

Talk to your tutor about your concerns with the course, perhaps other people ahve the same. If you do leave, then if possible try and take your exams of you cna get good marks because you will need to explain to wherever you apply to why you left. I dont know whether its better to have no grades and go for the line the course was just a disaster v very average grades, they might not be oo impressed with.

Its not impossible for you to think about doing an LLB from fresh , although you will need to pay for the missing year and that might entail leaving and saving the money up before you start as SFE may choose only to finance year 2 and 3, menaing you have to find the funds for year 1.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.