Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Muslim roommates needed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheIr0nDuke
'Integration'.

If I said I just want to live with Christians, I'd be branded a racist.

It's to do with lifestyle choices. I'm going to university as a mature student and I want to live by myself as I don't want to live with potentially messy people/people partying all the time, does that mean I'm not "integrating?"
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by godofwine
Nothing bigoted about it. Not everyone wants to live on campus lol

Plus, muslims aren't allowed to touch pork, and alcohol. It goes against their deen.

Would you call it bigoted if a woman only wanted to live with other women? Or is it only bigoted if it's a muslim person?

As I said before, I would be labelled a bigot for wanting to only live with Christians.

Weak example. Not talking about gender, but religion. And likely different ethnic groups.
As I said before, I would be labelled a bigot for wanting to only live with Christians.

Weak example. Not talking about gender, but religion. And likely different ethnic groups.

Poor response.

When did she say she "only wants to live" with muslims, or anything bad about non-muslims. She said she's a practicing muslim, so she prefers living with others that are the same. Mate, if anything you're the bigot here.

An absolutely pathetic attempt at muslim-bashing.

I wish there was more to your life than spouting orientalism anonymously online.
Poor response.

When did she say she "only wants to live" with muslims, or anything bad about non-muslims. She said she's a practicing muslim, so she prefers living with others that are the same. Mate, if anything you're the bigot here.

An absolutely pathetic attempt at muslim-bashing.

Where was I bashing Muslims at all?

I never accused her of doing so. Simply stated I would be labelled a bigot for just wanting to live with Christians.

Plus, I'm not your mate, pleb.
I was about to report his thread but it's already been done.
Reply 26
Original post by meenu89

Report for what exactly?
Original post by meenu89

why?
If you live with Muslim people and you notice a weird smell of chemicals coming from one of the bedrooms - go take a cautious look. If you see coloured wires, metal containers and/or DIY tools - for the love of God, get out of there! LOL :tongue:
Original post by asif007
If you live with Muslim people and you notice a weird smell of chemicals coming from one of the bedrooms - go take a cautious look. If you see coloured wires, metal containers and/or DIY tools - for the love of God, get out of there! LOL :tongue:

If you live with someone called Asif, check their browser history to make sure they're not making idiotic comments online, like the example above. xxx
Original post by LondonRaani
If you live with someone called Asif, check their browser history to make sure they're not making idiotic comments online, like the example above. xxx

Chill out! I'm Muslim like you - except I know how to have a laugh about Muslim people.
Original post by asif007

That is a really offensive thing to say that Muslim people are bombers! Watch what you say.
Even if it's a joke it's a poor one.
Original post by asif007

Aren't you Muslim?
Original post by asif007
Chill out! I'm Muslim like you - except I know how to have a laugh about Muslim people.

On a thread where there's already a plethora of Islamophobic responses - hence idiotic.
Original post by chikane
That is a really offensive thing to say that Muslim people are bombers! Watch what you say.
Even if it's a joke it's a poor one.

Lol, some of you need to calm down. I'm not seriously implying all Muslim people are bombers, I'm pulling your leg FFS.

Original post by yasminkattan
Aren't you Muslim?

Yes, and I'm comfortable enough with my religion to poke fun at it every now and then. We're stingy with money, we love food etc etc.
Original post by LondonRaani
On a thread where there's already a plethora of Islamophobic responses - hence idiotic.

Those were serious responses from non-Muslim people with obvious grudges against Muslims. I've already told you I was pulling your leg and that I'm Muslim too. So by that logic, I'm Islamophobic to myself? You're the idiot bro.
Original post by asif007
Lol, some of you need to calm down. I'm not seriously implying all Muslim people are bombers, I'm pulling your leg FFS.

Yes, and I'm comfortable enough with my religion to poke fun at it every now and then. We're stingy with money, we love food etc etc.

I understand what you mean, but it would be wrong to poke fun at your religion. Also loving food isn't a 'Muslim' characteristic, and I've never met a stingy Muslim before. We shouldn't be :smile:
Maybe because she doesn't want to live with people that cook bacon, and drink alcohol all the time. There's far too much pressure in halls anyways, especially in the first year.

What do you mean by pressure?

I'm genuinely asking, not attacking your point.
Original post by yasminkattan
I understand what you mean, but it would be wrong to poke fun at your religion. Also loving food isn't a 'Muslim' characteristic, and I've never met a stingy Muslim before. We shouldn't be :smile:

I don't take myself as seriously as OP, which is a good thing in my view. Shame other people aren't so relaxed about it.
Original post by asif007

it's just a clock bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending