Posted from TSR Mobile

A clock that's full of nails and smells like nitroglycerine? Lol :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by dairychocolate
What do you mean by pressure?

I'm genuinely asking, not attacking your point.

By pressure I mean "peer pressure", and doing things that you don't really want to, but feel you have to "in order to fit in with the crowd".
Original post by antebellum
Why are muslims so unwilling to embrace other people's cultures.

She just wants people who she can connect to easily and they can understand what she does. E.g. reading namaaz 5 times daily and Quran. and someone to attend societies with or go out with, she can't exactly go out clubbing. Not choosing to live with people from different cultures is her choice - it doesn't make her "unwilling to embrace other people's cultures", if that was the case - she wouldn't go to uni at all. Or even leave the country :redface:
Nice to see a bit of integration.

Hey Islamophobe! Embracing cultures is a one way street
Reply 46
Original post by asif007
Lol, some of you need to calm down. I'm not seriously implying all Muslim people are bombers, I'm pulling your leg FFS.

Yes, and I'm comfortable enough with my religion to poke fun at it every now and then. We're stingy with money, we love food etc etc.

This Quranic verse instantly came to mind

“If you ask them (about this), they declare: ‘We were only talking idly and joking.’ Say: ‘Was it at Allaah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?’
[al-Tawbah 9:65-66]

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Pretty bigoted tbh OP.

Why are non-Muslims so determined to criticise how Muslims choose to live when it's of no consequence to them?
Original post by meenu89
I was about to report his thread but it's already been done.

Because you want to control who people decide to live with? Thought that'd be the sort of thing you'd want authorities to butt out of.
Original post by saoirse:3
why are non-muslims so determined to criticise how muslims choose to live when it's of no consequence to them?

thank you.
Original post by Saoirse:3
Because you want to control who people decide to live with? Thought that'd be the sort of thing you'd want authorities to butt out of.

What like a false god controls them into praying for him and doing all kinds of silly things?
Statistically, my point is valid. Muslims are more likely to live in colonies (in England, at least), than to spread around. Furthermore, in these colonies, they actively exclude people of other backgrounds by setting up faith schools, mosques etc. Also, the fairly combatant responses to my original post suggest that any questioning of your exclusionary way of life is seen as offensive.
Statistically, my point is valid. Muslims are more likely to live in colonies (in England, at least), than to spread around. Furthermore, in these colonies, they actively exclude people of other backgrounds by setting up faith schools, mosques etc. Also, the fairly combatant responses to my original post suggest that any questioning of your exclusionary way of life is seen as offensive.

This is pretty much spot on. Being a friendly person I would strongly suggest to the thread creator to live with a person that is non muslim. Yes thats right.

Even better, live with someone who has completely opposing views instead of people you already agree with.
Reply 53
Original post by Alice__90
Practicing Muslims might not want to be around the typical "student" lifestyles, drinking partying etc.

I'm starting to think that living with Muslims may be the way forward for me, their beliefs are mostly in alignment with mine.. Hmm
Original post by s_ahmed2
Try contacting the isoc of your uni, they may be able to help out inshaAllah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dear Humaira,
are you still looking for a Muslim female room mate. Please message if interested or alternately if you can provide some links/advice.
Regards,
Dear HUmaira,did you find anyone yet to rent a room with? Do you have an extra room available?
Reply 56
Original post by LondonRaani
Hello everyone,

I'm planning on going to Nottingham uni in September, as I'm from London I'm going to have to move out, I don't want to move into student halls because I'm a practising Muslim. I'm wondering if there's any other girls in the same predicament? I'm hoping to find a small group of like minded girls so we can rent a property together.

Please message me if you're interested :smile:
Humaira

Hi humaira
I am looking for someone as a potential flat mate, (ideally Muslim & female) I already have a 2 bed apartment in mind in Nottingham...please contact me for more info

Quick Reply

Latest