The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ralfskini
Here are the answers:

b) Thermodynamic stability-products are at lower energy than reactants/ reaction would release energy were it kinetically unstable/
Kinetic stabillity- activation energy requirements too high/ other factors contribute, e.g. steric hindrance or no available vacant orbitals as in the case of tetrachloromethane.

isn't the definition of thermodynamic stability....

Thermodynamic stability - when the enthalpy level of the products is much hihger than the enthalpy level of the reactants.

?
Reply 21
Ralfskini
d) Flame test- lilac flame for potassium salt/ yellow flame for sodium chloride

Think for 2nd mark you have to talk more about preparing the wire before the flame test. e.g. heat, then dip in conc H2SO4, then reheat until no colour produced when the wire is placed in the flame.
DaveR
Think for 2nd mark you have to talk more about preparing the wire before the flame test. e.g. heat, then dip in conc H2SO4, then reheat until no colour produced when the wire is placed in the flame.

Yes, I did do that.
Reply 23
Ralfskini
Yes, I did do that.

u could just mention a clean nichrome or pt wire .... look at the lilac colour through blue cobalt glass to ensure clarity
Reply 24
will writing a lot make me lose marks ? ... i think i must have written 10 pages ....
You definitely wont lose marks but it wasnt really necessary to write vast amounts.
Reply 26
Ralfskini
You definitely wont lose marks but it wasnt really necessary to write vast amounts.

i just thought ... tht since the paper is leaked .... section B must have been also ... nobody will leak a part of a paper .. so i wrote a lot .. .didnt leave n e points out ... jsut to make sure i go above the A ums
infekt
i just thought ... tht since the paper is leaked .... section B must have been also ... nobody will leak a part of a paper .. so i wrote a lot .. .didnt leave n e points out ... jsut to make sure i go above the A ums

Yes. Did you get handed an additional sheet instead of question 1? I don't see why they didn't change the whole paper considering if it has leaked then people will have seen questions 2,3 and 4 as well.
Reply 28
Ralfskini
Yes. Did you get handed an additional sheet instead of question 1? I don't see why they didn't change the whole paper considering if it has leaked then people will have seen questions 2,3 and 4 as well.

my theory is tht ... if a person leaked a paper ..he must have been desperate ... face it .. a good student whos confident wont steal a paper ... if he gets full in section B and screws up piss easy section A then it would be pretty doubtful ... but its kinda unfair .. coz the first question was kinda tricky .. i know 2 3 brill people in my class who didnt get the x=6
...unless of course it's a mechanism to try and determine people who have cheated as they will probably score poorly on the first question but do well on the rest of the paper.
Reply 30
Ralfskini
...unless of course it's a mechanism to try and determine people who have cheated as they will probably score poorly on the first question but do well on the rest of the paper.

my point exaclty .. buts its kinda unfair ... i mean .. god knows how many sit the paper .. there are 42 in my class alone ... its VERy likely ppl will get the first question wrong coz u had to do a lot of fiddling to get the answer
infekt
my point exaclty .. buts its kinda unfair ... i mean .. god knows how many sit the paper .. there are 42 in my class alone ... its VERy likely ppl will get the first question wrong coz u had to do a lot of fiddling to get the answer

Yeh, plus it's only 10 marks so it doesnt hold much weighting. 6 marks for a calculation!!

Ah well, at least it's over now. It will be interesting to see how many people blame their exam results on the leaked papers.
Reply 32
awww maan i got quite a few rong...
lol ah well... i;m freeeeee!!!!!!!
i dont care no more.. it aint like i;m gonna get the grades i need after the unit 5 exam anyways!
Reply 33
but 1 ene

i got that :smile: lol

i;m usprised it was 6 marks and soo simple...
i was like dang, urm the whole time i was like i must b missin summin it must b harder :tongue:
lol
Reply 34
I did question 4!
The paper was quite easy as a whole
Reply 35
Ralfskini
Here are the answers:

1a) Ag+(aq)+Cl-(aq) -------> AgCl(s

It said in the question that all the Cl in carnllite or what ever it was called was preciptated so shouldnt the equation be x3?
Reply 37
I did question 4, wlthough i started question 3. When i realised how the marks were arranged for 3 i changed to do 4 since i had plenty of time.
Question 3 had about 4 or 5 high marke questions whereas question 4 has lots of smaller questions so if i got something wrong it would only lose me a few marks rather than losing loads.
But overall i thought it was much easier than i expected. The replacement question 1 i thought was much easier than the original even though the original didnt look too, even with the benzene stuff in it.
Reply 38
i did question 1,3,4....... found the paper easy on the whole....
the changed question was pretty easy compared to the actual one.....
got x=6 ..... and only things i messed up were... the structure of aluminium chloride....(forgot that molar mass was given and drew alcl3)..... and the oxidation question(last part of q4).....hopin 4 an A... lets see.....
Dust
but 1 ene

i got that :smile: lol

i;m usprised it was 6 marks and soo simple...
i was like dang, urm the whole time i was like i must b missin summin it must b harder :tongue:
lol

yeah i thought that
i was like, where are the 6 marks in this?

Latest

Trending

Trending