The Student Room Group

Something peculiar about University of Manchester..

I was browsing through the options for years two and three of UoM's linguistic modules and found that some of the modules can be chosen in either year two or year three of their program. Perhaps in my cynicism I have judged this as a lack of structure which could make their course less coherent, I haven't noticed this policy being used by any other universities I am applying for.

What do you think about this?
Hope I have understood this right - the modules are available in both second and third year? My university has this too, but Glasgow is third and fourth year as we are at uni for four years. It helps if you're interested in a fair few modules but don't have the space for the option in your timetable in your first year of honours, as you can do it the next year. So, for example, I was interested in a semantics and pragmatics module when I was picking my third year options but was more interested in other modules so couldn't pick it but then it was available for my fourth year so I will hopefully be able to study it then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending