The Student Room Group

4 wives

My uncle is -planning to marry a second wife, and his current wife is distraught and depressed, but she has to come to terms that what he is doing is halal and a sunnah of the prophet, I have to admit that's not right though. This is total disregard of the females opinions and feelings. and just puts the men as priority in the relationship while the women are swept under the rug.

Isn't having 4 wives in Islam like having 4 side chicks? but instead of complaining like Western women, they have to oblige and be honkey dorey with the whole thing.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I always imagine whoever wrote the rules was like 'word of god... word of god... oh wait, lemme just stick this bit about multiple wives in here, I deserve something for all this writing...'
I think you're a troll.

This is a reality for some women, who have no say in it at all. I don't think polygamy is a laughing matter :colonhash:
lol well your aunt should've gotten it written in the marriage contract that she didn't want him to have any more wives.
Original post by Charlotte49
I always imagine whoever wrote the rules was like 'word of god... word of god... oh wait, lemme just stick this bit about multiple wives in here, I deserve something for all this writing...'

Not unless it was written by a woman bodom tshhh.. but yeah what do you expect from an 7th century text written by a bloke
Original post by WBZ144
I think you're a troll.

This is a reality for some women, who have no say in it at all. I don't think polygamy is a laughing matter :colonhash:

How am I a troll?

Don't be ridiculous, I am laughing at how ridiculous the ruling in Islam is that the men are allowed 4 wives while the women have no say, not at my own aunties circumstances.

Don't talk nonsense.
Reply 6
Original post by WBZ144
I think you're a troll.

Noooooo!
In Islam marrying more than 1 wife comes with many responsibilities.
Im sure your uncle will be just towards both of them.
Original post by Rub-a-dub dub
My uncle is -planning to marry a second wife, and his current wife is distraught and depressed, but she has to come to terms that what he is doing is halal and a sunnah of the prophet, I have to admit that's not right though.:toofunny: This is total disregard of the females opinions and feelings. and just puts the men as priority in the relationship while the women are swept under the rug.

Isn't having 4 wives in Islam like having 4 side chicks? but instead of complaining like Western women, they have to oblige and be honkey dorey with the whole thing.

Hello again! :smile:
Reply 9
Islam mistreating women? Quelle horreur!
if your uncle failed to take responsibility then he will go to hell without any further procedures :u:
He can't make his first wife happy and yet he's ready to hop over to the next one. Okay then. :rolleyes:
Original post by Legendary Quest
He can't make his first wife happy and yet he's ready to hop over to the next one. Okay then. :rolleyes:

What's with the eye roll?

It's not about him keeping her happy.

She obviously doesn't want to share him with anyone else. And is upset by her circumstances, It has nothing to do with the person's happiness.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Hello again! :smile:

Yeah bye.
Yeah bye.

:frown:
How am I a troll?

Don't be ridiculous, I am laughing at how ridiculous the ruling in Islam is that the men are allowed 4 wives while the women have no say, not at my own aunties circumstances.

Don't talk nonsense.

You don't appear to have much sympathy for your aunt.

Your post reeks of trollism, you're not asking for advice or even complaining. It looks very like the purpose of this this thread is to laugh at polygamy.
Sorry OP, I simply cannot be satisfied by 1 woman.
Original post by WBZ144
You don't appear to have much sympathy for your aunt.

Your post reeks of trollism, you're not asking for advice or even complaining. It looks very like the purpose of this this thread is to laugh at polygamy.

I said this it wasn't right. And even outlined why I thought it was wrong, so once again stop talking nonsense you are barking for no reason.
I said this it wasn't right. And even outlined why I thought it was wrong, so once again stop talking nonsense you are barking for no reason.

So you edited the OP.

Whatever, I don't have time for this.
What's with the eye roll?

It's not about him keeping her happy.

She obviously doesn't want to share him with anyone else. And is upset by her circumstances, It has nothing to do with the person's happiness.

It has everything to do with happiness. He can't handle one wife and yet he wants to go off and get another one?

The Quran itself states:

“but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one...” [al-Nisa’ 4:3]

Quick Reply

Latest