The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Nursing Students 2016

Thought i would start a thread for everyone starting in spetember so we could all get to know each other and get each other through the wait until September! πŸ˜†

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Shelliemc
Thought i would start a thread for everyone starting in spetember so we could all get to know each other and get each other through the wait until September! πŸ˜†

Hey. Did you get accepted to the main campus or Fife? I'll be heading to Kirkcaldy in August if there's anyone else out there? πŸ‘‹
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Hi I've been accepted to do adult nursing at the main campus! It would be so good to make a friend on here before hand :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by clodacon
Hey. Did you get accepted to the main campus or Fife? I'll be heading to Kirkcaldy in August if there's anyone else out there? πŸ‘‹

I am at the main campus! im sure you guys come over to the main campus for certain things if i remember correctly :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Karakelly
Hi I've been accepted to do adult nursing at the main campus! It would be so good to make a friend on here before hand :smile:

I am in the main campus aswell :-) so exciting!
Reply 5
I am in the main campus aswell :-) so exciting!

are you planning on living on campus or anything? :smile:
Reply 6
I'm not no, I've got my own house in Dundee with my hubby and kids so I don't think I'd get away with staying away in student accommodation haha πŸ˜›
Where are you coming from?
Reply 7
I'm not no, I've got my own house in Dundee with my hubby and kids so I don't think I'd get away with staying away in student accommodation haha πŸ˜›
Where are you coming from?

Haha you're sorted then! I am coming from NI but so unsure what to do about accommodation. Are we entitled to a grant along with a bursary? :smile:
Reply 8
Haha you're sorted then! I am coming from NI but so unsure what to do about accommodation. Are we entitled to a grant along with a bursary? :smile:

I think you qualify for something since you're coming from NI. I know that because I'm coming from the Rep. of Ireland, I don't qualify for anything, Its unfortunate, but not going to let that hold me back :smile:
Reply 9
I think you qualify for something since you're coming from NI. I know that because I'm coming from the Rep. of Ireland, I don't qualify for anything, Its unfortunate, but not going to let that hold me back :smile:

Aw really? That is unfortunate! Surely you get the NHS bursary, no? Are you doing adult nursing at the main campus too?
Reply 10

I was only able to apply for a bursary but I'm not too sure how it works if you're from NI, it may be different :-) have you had your email about accommodation?
Aw really? That is unfortunate! Surely you get the NHS bursary, no? Are you doing adult nursing at the main campus too?

From doing the research, I'd have to be living in the UK for at least 3 years to qualify for any sort of bursary :frown: But its still cheaper than studying in Ireland because I'd have to pay full fees..
I was only able to apply for a bursary but I'm not too sure how it works if you're from NI, it may be different :-) have you had your email about accommodation?

No, no word on the email yet only accepted it as my firm today so I'm sure it'll arrive soon. I'm still in two minds if to go to Dundee or not (I think I'm letting the nerves get the better of me)
From doing the research, I'd have to be living in the UK for at least 3 years to qualify for any sort of bursary :frown: But its still cheaper than studying in Ireland because I'd have to pay full fees..

Ah that's so ****! I was wondering if I could get a loan and grant too as I know in England you can but you can't in NI. Have you applied for any accommodation yet?
Ah that's so ****! I was wondering if I could get a loan and grant too as I know in England you can but you can't in NI. Have you applied for any accommodation yet?

Nope, haven't applied for accommodation yet. I'm going to the Fife campus so just waiting for them to send out the emails. Literally, checking my own email and the UoD email everyday! Think all the UoD accommodation that is directly linked to the college is based in the main campus and it's only NHS accommodation in Kirkcaldy. Now, saying that, I could have that arse ways :hmmmm2:
Nope, haven't applied for accommodation yet. I'm going to the Fife campus so just waiting for them to send out the emails. Literally, checking my own email and the UoD email everyday! Think all the UoD accommodation that is directly linked to the college is based in the main campus and it's only NHS accommodation in Kirkcaldy. Now, saying that, I could have that arse ways :hmmmm2:

I think you could be right. I know that when they told us we may have to do placements in that area, that there would be accommodation for us to stay in if needs be. I'm really nervous about moving away!
Just firmed Dundee aswell!!
I've firmed Dundee today aswell! It's so exciting!!
Original post by lauratelford
Just firmed Dundee aswell!!

This is the funniest thing but I swear you're in my GCSE class. Belfast MET? πŸ˜…
This is the funniest thing but I swear you're in my GCSE class. Belfast MET? πŸ˜…

Hahaha yes!!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Wasn't sure if that was you or not! funniest thing😱 Is Dundee your number 1 choice?

Quick Reply