The Student Room Group

Is architecture course so heavy that it's pointless getting catered accommodation?!

Might sound completely over exaggerated but.... I've heard that Architecture students are in the studio 'til crazy hours. Is it a waste of money getting catered accommodation as I'll have no time to actually go back to the halls of residence every night? Do Architecture students tend to take something with them to the studio to eat?

I think the course is so heavy going that it would do me good to have a proper standard meal every day- I know in self catered I'd end up living off pasta!

I'll be at the Manchester School of Architecture if that helps!
Would be a mixed blessing. Most of the time it would be pretty handy I would have thought. Maybe you'd use it less during a deadline, but if you were organised and halls were near studio I think it would be worthwhile.
Reply 2
Original post by Farchitect
Would be a mixed blessing. Most of the time it would be pretty handy I would have thought. Maybe you'd use it less during a deadline, but if you were organised and halls were near studio I think it would be worthwhile.

Thank you!! Your last point swung it for me- the halls near the studio are all self catered so that's what I opted for. Catered halls would mean getting a bus both ways etc etc... I just know I wouldn't end up bothering!

Thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending