Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

'Tinder' dating...does it work??

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

I've had over 20 tinder dates since November, not all with different girls mind you (2nd/3rd dates with tinder girls)

And I can honestly say I have not liked or fancied any of them except 1.

It just feels like a waste of time to me sometimes. The last date I had, the girl was so rude and sarcastic and kept pulling strange faces, the most oddest negative twerp I have ever met.

I don't know why I didn't leave!!! didn't even offer to buy me a drink.

I am almost giving up lol.

Has it worked or not worked for anybody else??

The girls' personality would be the same regardless of the method you found them...

Tinder is just a method of meeting people, not some wormhole to another dimension where a particular species of girls can be found. like above poster said, a girl's *****y personality would be the same whether or not you met via tinder so it's unclear what exactly you're complaining about.

The hard truth is online dating isnt for everyone, it's a very aesthetic and superficial based system of choosing who to date. The rules are simple: 1) Be attractive. 2) Don't be unattractive.
    There are people i swipe left on tinder because i don't like their profile, dont find their pictures attractive, but then boom that person might be gorgeous in real life with a great personality.

I'v met quite a few attractive girls via tinder and gone on a number of dates but personally it will never come close to meeting girls and flirting in person. I just find it far more enjoyable to connect with someone in person, you can spend hours talking and just hanging out as opposed to typing online and waiting for replies.

My advice is, don't use tinder unless you're at least above a 6. And even then just use it passively and focus more on meeting girls in person. Most people are on tinder for an ego boost and short flings/casual dating. If you're like me and only interested in casual dating and nothing serious then it'll work for you, but if you're looking to meet someone you'll really connect with and potentially date seriously then don't waste your time online

no it does not

The thing with blind dating is that you frequently end up with someone who isn't that enthusiastic about you. I think a job interview is more rewarding. I suspect the main use of tinder is as an ego trip for the attractive set. Avoid and get down to Yates..
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.