The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard anything back re chemistry subjects at Sussex??

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by emilstewart77
i got an email saying theyll offer a place shortly for genetics msci

I applied for this course!
I've just got an email from Sussex saying thank you for applying but they're still welcoming this years students so have not yet begun processing applications but are very interested in my application?? Just find that a bit strange because if they haven't begun processing applications yet, how can they decide who they're interested in lol? Also pretty sure some people have been saying they've also got offers? Weeeeeeird
Lol chill guys it's okay honestly, no one I knew got offers until after January last year, even if they applied in September. Usually the unconditionals go out first though, maybe November-ish time. But there's no set date for when you they distribute offers in each school/department, they all just have a final deadline of May. Most people I know have said that Sussex were their last offer to come through, so just hold tight. They're quite lenient with offers - it's getting the grades and the getting in part you need to worry about!
Original post by pannyfrost
Lol chill guys it's okay honestly, no one I knew got offers until after January last year, even if they applied in September. Usually the unconditionals go out first though, maybe November-ish time. But there's no set date for when you they distribute offers in each school/department, they all just have a final deadline of May. Most people I know have said that Sussex were their last offer to come through, so just hold tight. They're quite lenient with offers - it's getting the grades and the getting in part you need to worry about!

are they likely to give out offers to Btec students?
Got an email this morning saying that they are still busy "in the process of welcoming and registering new students for this year" but they'll shortly be making an offer :biggrin: yay
Original post by Shaaayxp
Got an email this morning saying that they are still busy "in the process of welcoming and registering new students for this year" but they'll shortly be making an offer :biggrin: yay

Same! :biggrin: Funny that I got the email on a Friday as well since I've got an offer every Friday since I sent my application off nearly 4 weeks ago!
Original post by notonlyme
Same! :biggrin: Funny that I got the email on a Friday as well since I've got an offer every Friday since I sent my application off nearly 4 weeks ago!

So weird!

I also literally just got a confirmation from them... I'm now confused :s-smilie:
Remember that you are all early applicants, the deadline isn't until January and applicant days are normally held in late Jan onwards so you're all being very impatient :hand::ahee:
Original post by aislingmassey
are they likely to give out offers to Btec students?

I was a BTEC & A level student, and they do. I got 4/4 offers from them (I applied to 4 different courses - 3 undergraduate and 1 foundation as back up)
Original post by pannyfrost
I was a BTEC & A level student, and they do. I got 4/4 offers from them (I applied to 4 different courses - 3 undergraduate and 1 foundation as back up)

You really wanted to go to Sussex didn't you! :yes:
Reply 71
Original post by Colinj451
Remember that you are all early applicants, the deadline isn't until January and applicant days are normally held in late Jan onwards so you're all being very impatient :hand::ahee:

I already have 4 offers, I don't think it's impatient. Talking together also allows us to figure out when they do start giving, which I believe is mid-November anyway.
Original post by Kooliopoop
got an email saying they're v. interested and will be offering me a place for accounting and finance!

I got this about two and a half weeks ago and they still have updated track. Still happy though :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lucythorneycroft
I got this about two and a half weeks ago and they still have updated track. Still happy though :smile:

How long after your application was sent off till they acknowledged it? :smile:
Original post by xxlilyjanexx
How long after your application was sent off till they acknowledged it? :smile:

About 24 hours :smile: what are you thinking about/applying for?
Original post by Lucythorneycroft
About 24 hours :smile: what are you thinking about/applying for?

Ahh okay thank you!:smile: Mine was sent off by UCAS about 12;30 today. I applied for Law at Sussex and Kent, although, Sussex is the only place I want to go. What did you apply to study?:smile:
Ahh okay thank you!:smile: Mine was sent off by UCAS about 12;30 today. I applied for Law at Sussex and Kent, although, Sussex is the only place I want to go. What did you apply to study?:smile:

Good luck! I've applied to do English Literature at Sussex as well as Warwick, Sheffield, Cambridge and Exeter. :smile:
Has anyone applied to do languages and have you received an offer?

I've applied for Law at Sussex and Kent as well! :smile:
Original post by KMLeeson
I've applied for Law at Sussex and Kent as well! :smile:

No way haha!:smile:I received recognition from Kent today, just got one from Sussex too. When did you send your application off? Hopefully Sussex start sending offers soon! I'm getting anxious lol. The confirmation from Sussex just said thanks for your application we'll be in touch and all that...didn't say they were interested and would give me an offer soon, like the others in this thread?? :-( Is this just a Law thing, or!?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending