The Student Room Group

AQA French Controlled Assessments

Hi, I was just wondering how easy/ hard it would be to get an A* overall in my French GCSE. I have :
28- A* - Writing
27/28 -A+/A* Writing
25- A Speaking
24- A- Speaking
What would I need to get in the exam to get an A*, based on previous years?
You'd need 60 UMS on both papers to get the A* overall. 60 UMS is the highest you can get, however the boundaries are quite low, for example, last June you needed 34/45 on the reading to get 60 UMS. So you should be fine. Bonne chance :smile:
You probably need about 58 UMS on both papers, so you don't have a lot of room for mistake. I imagine it would take a lot of revision and memorisation of vocab and it probably isn't to late, but it is a bit of a huge ask and people who get near full UMS often get straight 30s on their CA. So try your best and have a go on a few past papers, but don't get your hopes up
Reply 3
Original post by 1jonam16
You probably need about 58 UMS on both papers, so you don't have a lot of room for mistake. I imagine it would take a lot of revision and memorisation of vocab and it probably isn't to late, but it is a bit of a huge ask and people who get near full UMS often get straight 30s on their CA. So try your best and have a go on a few past papers, but don't get your hopes up

Thanks! I'm aiming for an A, how well would I need to do in the exam to get an A?
Probably a low A, which you're more than capable of! Sorry I was so harsh on you a bit earlier, but having thought about it, you can still get an A*, if you really want to. Just go through papers and learn every single word you don't know and use flashcards to memorise. Anyways, I was in a bit of a bad mood, so hopefully I didn't come across as too rude. I feel quite bad sorry!
Reply 5
I didn't think you were rude at all!:smile: But thank you so much for that advice. I'll try my very hardest, but if I get an A, I'll still be so happy!!!

Quick Reply

Latest