The Student Room Group

AQA AS French essay help!!!

Hi all,

I'm doing my French AS exam with AQA real soon, (6th June) and am wondering is anyone has any tips for getting really high marks for the essay?
It's out of 35 and is split down like this:

20 marks for content
5 marks for range of vocab
5 marks for range of structures
5 marks for accuracy

I'm wondering if it's just about getting loads of developed points across?
Or do you have a list of grammar things that you always get in? :frown:

Also wondering if anyone has any good resources for vocab/topics/grammar/ lists or anything of the like?

I really need to be getting like 30+ overalll ahhhh any top tips?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 221Breezeblocks
Hi all,

I'm doing my French AS exam with AQA real soon, (6th June) and am wondering is anyone has any tips for getting really high marks for the essay?
It's out of 35 and is split down like this:

20 marks for content
5 marks for range of vocab
5 marks for range of structures
5 marks for accuracy

I'm wondering if it's just about getting loads of developed points across?
Or do you have a list of grammar things that you always get in? :frown:

Also wondering if anyone has any good resources for vocab/topics/grammar/ lists or anything of the like?

I really need to be getting like 30+ overalll ahhhh any top tips?

You have time to improve, I suggest you to learn a list of vocabulary each day !
Also you can listen to french music daily, and watch 10min of french news, daily as well ! You can read a few pages of a french book everyday before you go to sleep.

You don't have to be any good at french to do so, it does not need a lot of efforts, and it's the better way to improve :wink: ! Even of you don't have any idea of what you are listening to/reading, trust me you'll improve :h:

Oh and start to watch all your movies in french ! Not necessarily a french movie, any movie you like just settled in french with english subtitles would be perfect :wink: !

Finally I suggest you to learn a lot of connectives and idioms, it will make your essay much much better to read and you'll have a better grade :yep:

Hope this help, if you have any questions let me know :h:
(Btw I'm a french native if you wanna practise :yep: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending