The Student Room Group

transfering durring second year

I was wondering if anyone has experience with changing uni courses in second year, i'm currently on a modelmaking course and want to change to and interior architecture course and was wondering if anyone can offer any advice?
Original post by Kscott95
I was wondering if anyone has experience with changing uni courses in second year, i'm currently on a modelmaking course and want to change to and interior architecture course and was wondering if anyone can offer any advice?

Changing courses is very common. If you are just finishing your first year then speak to your tutor or registry to find out how compatible the two courses are. If they aren't compatible then you may have to start again in the first year for the new course. Student finance wise this would be fine - everyone is entitled to an extra years funding to allow for false starts/repeat years. It would only cause a problem if you failed a year and needed to resit the entire year again on the new course.
Reply 2
im not in first year im in second year i've spoken to student finance and they said id have to go directly into second year as i only have two years of funding left but both courses are similar so i was just wondering if anyone has changed during second year
Original post by Kscott95
im not in first year im in second year i've spoken to student finance and they said id have to go directly into second year as i only have two years of funding left but both courses are similar so i was just wondering if anyone has changed during second year

Like I said - it's possible but you'll need a level of compatibility. Only the university concerned will be able to tell you if the two courses are close enough to allow a transfer (either directly into yr 3 or to repeat year 2 on the new course using up your gift year).

Quick Reply