The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

It's April and Edinburgh hasn't replied at all

I applied for History V100 in early January and Edinburgh is the only university of my 5 which hasn't replied yet (the other Scottish uni i applied to, St Andrews has given me their decision), is that normal? Should I email the admissions office? Btw, I'm an international applicant with strong predicted grades.
Reply 1
I wouldn't worry about it too much, I was in the same position! I applied last October because I had to meet the Cambridge deadline. I have high predicted grades and my other three universities (excluding Cambridge, because they required interview) gave me offers within a few weeks of my application being submitted. Edinburgh, however, waited until March 29th to respond! I was worried I'd received no answer because they weren't going to accept me but in the end they gave me an incredibly generous offer of their minimum entry requirements, well below my predicted grades. Basically, try not to worry about it or read into it like I did, it probably doesn't mean anything about how likely you are to get an offer.

Good luck, and I hope they respond soon!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
My son got his Edinburgh offer on May 8th, which was the last possible date for offers that year. (It's May 5th this year.) However, it's only the cost of a phone call to ask them if there's a problem.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
r u a EU applicant
Original post by _Rowe_
I wouldn't worry about it too much, I was in the same position! I applied last October because I had to meet the Cambridge deadline. I have high predicted grades and my other three universities (excluding Cambridge, because they required interview) gave me offers within a few weeks of my application being submitted. Edinburgh, however, waited until March 29th to respond! I was worried I'd received no answer because they weren't going to accept me but in the end they gave me an incredibly generous offer of their minimum entry requirements, well below my predicted grades. Basically, try not to worry about it or read into it like I did, it probably doesn't mean anything about how likely you are to get an offer.

Good luck, and I hope they respond soon!
Original post by luna lu
r u a EU applicant

This was 3 years ago.
Reply 5
yes so.. im stressed bro
Original post by ageshallnot
This was 3 years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending