The Student Room Group

UBC or Warwick in Economics

Hello,

After a long meditation I'm still unable to arrive to a conclusion, so... I think I need some help.

I have offers to study Economics in Warwick, and a offer for a Bachelor in Arts (and then enter into the economics program) in UBC in Canada. From what I've seen both are evenly matched. In the future my plan is to get a postgraduate degree in the United States.

Also it would be really helpful to hear about the employability prospects of both unis.

Thank you!!
OH MY GOD I'M IN THE EXACT SAME POSITION.
It would be great if you could tell me where you decided to go. And why..
Same situation guys. However, I have to choose between UBC (and UofT) and KCL :s-smilie:

Congratulations :smile::smile:

Please share your views.

I aim for a postgraduate in UK.

Best of luck
I guess you should choose KCL since their Econ course is quite new..
And out of UBC and U of T, which one do you prefer?
I did a year abroad at UBC. It's an amazing university, really beautiful city too. Everyone there studies very hard, so it's an extremely competitive environment, but I would recommend for anyone to study there.
Original post by frightenedeyes
I did a year abroad at UBC. It's an amazing university, really beautiful city too. Everyone there studies very hard, so it's an extremely competitive environment, but I would recommend for anyone to study there.

Umm do you think it is at par with ivy league unis or LSE and stuff? Cause it has a crazy high acceptance rate
I have no idea, I guess it doesn't have the same sort of prestige as Harvard. But it is certainly a very good university (I think it's ranked 30-40th in the world) and I found it challenging.

Original post by iamchikorita
Umm do you think it is at par with ivy league unis or LSE and stuff? Cause it has a crazy high acceptance rate
I guess you should choose KCL since their Econ course is quite new..
And out of UBC and U of T, which one do you prefer?

I got into the Vancouver campus in UBC and
I got into the Mississauga campus in UofT
So I prefer UBC.

KCL seems the best out of all my options, though.
I would like to clarify that for my offer, at KCL, is in PPE.

I think you meant that I should not choose Econ at KCL, as it is a new relatively course.

Sorry for the confusion.

Best of luck :smile:
Original post by Mikhail1710
I got into the Vancouver campus in UBC and
I got into the Mississauga campus in UofT
So I prefer UBC.

KCL seems the best out of all my options, though.
I would like to clarify that for my offer, at KCL, is in PPE.

I think you meant that I should not choose Econ at KCL, as it is a new relatively course.

Sorry for the confusion.

:dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: sorry I meant shouldn't:tongue:
haha I have a friend going to King's too, but she's in psych
And I'm really in a messed up position. I have offers from UBC and Warwick, and am waiting for UCL. UBC is yet to reply for my ILOT Scholarship application, and if they give me substantial aid I'll go there. I wanted to know if Warwick gives scholarships to international students, since I'm from India..
:dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: sorry I meant shouldn't:tongue:
haha I have a friend going to King's too, but she's in psych
And I'm really in a messed up position. I have offers from UBC and Warwick, and am waiting for UCL. UBC is yet to reply for my ILOT Scholarship application, and if they give me substantial aid I'll go there. I wanted to know if Warwick gives scholarships to international students, since I'm from India..

I am a fellow Indian too.:smile:
So, your aim is to study in UK or Canada?
Accordingly, you can decide.

Hope you get that scholarship :smile:

Best of luck
I am a fellow Indian too.:smile:
So, your aim is to study in UK or Canada?
Accordingly, you can decide.

Hope you get that scholarship :smile:

Best of luck

haha kaise ho :tongue:
umm actually my aim was to go to the US, I'd given my SATs and all (1520 in SAT 1, 1600 in the Subject SATs). But before I applied there, I already had offers from UBC and Warwick. So I decided to apply for all dream colleges (Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Dartmouth, Cornell, Amherst) but got rejected from all. I did apply to a few safety ones and got a 100% scholarship to study at Macalester and a substantial amount at Uni of Minnesota Twin Cities.
However, UBC and Warwick are better so I'll rather go there cause my main aim is to study at the best college possible.
I had a few expectations from LSE though, but they decided to reject me on the last day (31st March).
haha kaise ho :tongue:
umm actually my aim was to go to the US, I'd given my SATs and all (1520 in SAT 1, 1600 in the Subject SATs). But before I applied there, I already had offers from UBC and Warwick. So I decided to apply for all dream colleges (Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Dartmouth, Cornell, Amherst) but got rejected from all. I did apply to a few safety ones and got a 100% scholarship to study at Macalester and a substantial amount at Uni of Minnesota Twin Cities.
However, UBC and Warwick are better so I'll rather go there cause my main aim is to study at the best college possible.
I had a few expectations from LSE though, but they decided to reject me on the last day (31st March).

Wow. That is a very long journey :smile:

What do those US unis even want?:tongue: Like seriously?

Assuming you got into BA, I would advise you to choose UBC because you have the chance to do a double major or major + minor etc. There are many options.

I applied to LSE too, got rejected before the last day though.
I definitely did not stand a chance.:biggrin:

Wow. That is a very long journey :smile:

What do those US unis even want?:tongue: Like seriously?

Assuming you got into BA, I would advise you to choose UBC because you have the chance to do a double major or major + minor etc. There are many options.

I applied to LSE too, got rejected before the last day though.
I definitely did not stand a chance.:biggrin:

haha I'll most probably end up in UBC cause its easier to work/stay in Canada once I graduate.

But if I do get into UCL, do you think I should still choose UBC?

Best of luck to you too! :smile:
haha I'll most probably end up in UBC cause its easier to work/stay in Canada once I graduate.

But if I do get into UCL, do you think I should still choose UBC?

Best of luck to you too! :smile:

Well.. UCL is highly ranked. My friend rejected UCL only because he got LSE.
So, yes UCL should come first however,
since, there conditions are very high (I guess) keep UBC as a back up.

Are you in the IB program?

In the end, choose what you want, do not get pushed by anyone.
For example, I love UK so most probably, I will go there
but, but, UBC is very good :biggrin::biggrin:

Very confusing:biggrin:

See you:smile:
Well.. UCL is highly ranked. My friend rejected UCL only because he got LSE.
So, yes UCL should come first however,
since, there conditions are very high (I guess) keep UBC as a back up.

Are you in the IB program?

In the end, choose what you want, do not get pushed by anyone.
For example, I love UK so most probably, I will go there
but, but, UBC is very good :biggrin::biggrin:

Very confusing:biggrin:

See you:smile:

I'm giving A levels. I have 4A*s predicted but my exams didn't go that well, but then again I guess I'll meet the A*AA offer
I'm giving A levels. I have 4A*s predicted but my exams didn't go that well, but then again I guess I'll meet the A*AA offer

Wow, that is an awesome predicted.
Don't worry, UCL will definitely say yes:wink:

Best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending