Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Do I need to complete DSA forms again?

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I am current first yr on 3 yr BA degree. Last year I successfully applied for DSA, so I have already got a laptop, software etc...and benefit from support from both a mentor and study skills support - 2 hrs from each every week.
    Do I need to resubmit an application alongside my finance forms again tho year. This seems to make no sense as all my evidence was given and accepted last year and assessments completed, but I couldn't cope if I lost the support sessions next year, so am desperate to do the right thing.
    My paperwork from this year reads as though the support is for my whole degree - is it??? Confused 😖

    Yes, you would. Send off the forms and the assessment that you got last year to DSA. That's what I've been told to do.

    You have to apply each year. But unless your situation has changed, you don't require a new assessment, nor do you have to send in any evidence.
    • Thread Starter

    OP here - an update.
    Having dug out last year's forms to begin to complete a new 'slim' form, I decided to phone SFE and double check this was really necessary - as they already have all the evidence, all the information and a full assessment from this year. I thought it ridiculous to inform them about the computer that they had paid for and given me etc..
    I had a lengthy conversation with them and was told that as long as :
    - my conditions and needs remained the same
    - my course and university remained the same
    - the support I was granted was stated as "per year" on the allocation letter sent out by them
    that I did NOT have to resubmit any application this year.
    Anything stated on your entitlement as "per year" continues automatically for the duration of your course - so for me that means my non-medical helpers and general allowance.
    I was told to double check provision would be in place with my providers prior to October and that there was no need to contact SFE about my DSA for next year.
    It was the "per year" bit that was important.
    Thanks for all your replies and advice; I seem to have received contradictory information from SFE though!
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.