The Student Room Group

Do I need to complete DSA forms again?

I am current first yr on 3 yr BA degree. Last year I successfully applied for DSA, so I have already got a laptop, software etc...and benefit from support from both a mentor and study skills support - 2 hrs from each every week.
Do I need to resubmit an application alongside my finance forms again tho year. This seems to make no sense as all my evidence was given and accepted last year and assessments completed, but I couldn't cope if I lost the support sessions next year, so am desperate to do the right thing.
My paperwork from this year reads as though the support is for my whole degree - is it??? Confused 😖
Reply 1
Yes, you would. Send off the forms and the assessment that you got last year to DSA. :h: That's what I've been told to do.
You have to apply each year. But unless your situation has changed, you don't require a new assessment, nor do you have to send in any evidence.
Reply 3
OP here - an update.
Having dug out last year's forms to begin to complete a new 'slim' form, I decided to phone SFE and double check this was really necessary - as they already have all the evidence, all the information and a full assessment from this year. I thought it ridiculous to inform them about the computer that they had paid for and given me etc..
I had a lengthy conversation with them and was told that as long as :
- my conditions and needs remained the same
- my course and university remained the same
- the support I was granted was stated as "per year" on the allocation letter sent out by them
that I did NOT have to resubmit any application this year.
Anything stated on your entitlement as "per year" continues automatically for the duration of your course - so for me that means my non-medical helpers and general allowance.
I was told to double check provision would be in place with my providers prior to October and that there was no need to contact SFE about my DSA for next year.
It was the "per year" bit that was important.
Thanks for all your replies and advice; I seem to have received contradictory information from SFE though!

Quick Reply

Latest