Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Just got a U in my chemistry mock and I need an A to study medicine

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016
REMINDER: Do not post your personal statement on TSR, otherwise you may have to rewrite it from scratch. Click here for more info. 11-10-2016

in your position I changed courses.

(Original post by Bethaaaaany)
    All is not lost! The beauty of OCR chemistry (and something that I didn't appreciate last year, but am now) is the way they will repeat questions with standard answers. Get some index cards, go through the papers and write down all the standard answer questions you can find along with the mark scheme answers. Learn every single definition off by heart as well. Draw big posters with the organic mechanisms and practice drawing them. Cry with happiness because F325 is nowhere near as much application.

You'll be fine as long as you work hard and smart from now until the exam - I think if I did an F324 mock solely without any aid right now I would probably get a U too, and I need a B!
    F324 marks are much more easier to score than F325, You don't even need to understand the concept of electrophilic substitution but as long you remember the mechanism which is essentially the same every time, you get 4-6marks. I also need a B in chemistry and I got a D last year although I will be resitting both F321 and F322. 😢

I got D E U in chemistry, biology and maths respecitively in my A2 mocks.

Still got the grades to get in.

Don't worry, i personally find mocks silly especially when we hadn't covered the whole material

(Original post by Lularose83)
    My question is; which cliff do I jump off?
    my question is, and answer this honestly - did you revise?

Doing OCR too, I'm currently a U in all of the organic stuff(haven't started revising it) but around I'd say a B in the others, you guys think I can turn it around in 4 weeks or not? Need an A ( AS level)

Wagwan fellow U grader I got Us in all my mocks at easter and thought the same thing but I've been cracking down and thankfully my friendship group are a bunch of snakes so no loss there but staying in 24/7 and doing flashcards on EVERYTHING got me from a U to a C in 3 weeks (based on old past papers)- you really can do it g

(Original post by Cornflakes1688)
    my question is, and answer this honestly - did you revise?
    Yes! But I make stupid mistakes under pressure (I lost about 15 marks on the more basic questions)
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.