The Student Room Group

Please make me better abt this!

Hey ppl...This is abt the Physics paper yesterday (Edexcel Synoptic PHY6)....I really found it hard and just can't over it...since it was my last one, I don't have anything else to concentrate on....I seriously think I fluncked it..which I can't afford to do!
I read the previos threads where ppl discussed answers....I think I messed up most of it!...what do I do:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know how you feel. I needed a B in physics to get into uni. I did the whole A'level in one year and worked so hard over the last 8 weeks. All my hard work was pissed away in the space of an hour and a half yesterday with unit 6. I thought i was just getting by in all the other papers and yesterday i left 1/3 of the paper blank. Went into a complete panic and will be lucky to get 30-35%. This has most probably cost me my B grade and uni place. I'm gutted.

I was so pissed off all do yesterday and didn't go out to celebrate the end of the exams - such a bad way to end them. Woke up thismorning and its still all i can think about.

Trouble is there is nothing you can do about it.

When i get my C i'm just hoping the university will let me in and take in into consideration that i have done the whole thing in one year and one sitting. I will then reject my grade and resit any papers in jan or june 2005. That's about all i can do now unless my some luck i get away with a B garde on the 19th.

Hopefully in a few days i will forget about in until then and just enjoy the summer.
Reply 2
Try not to panic! I'm sure you did better than you think; and at any rate the exams are over now: enjoy your freedom! Try to find things to do that will distract you, since there's nothing you can do now that will change the result you got and your A levels are over! - which is definitely a time for celebration! I'm sure you did great. Try not to look at threads discussing the answers - hey, the people there might have got them wrong anyway and it won't help you at all. I suggest you go on a day out with some friends and have a fantastic time. Don't sit at home and worry! This is the best bit of your school career: your A levels are over and you've a summer of freedom, with university to look forward to at the end! Smile :smile:
i need an A for my uni offer, and i found it reeeaally hard, i'm just hoping my fairly good grades on the other units will make up for it!

Don't get upset about it, cos its done now and you cant do anything about it. But remember, the grade boundaries are alway quite low for the synoptic. As long as you did ok in the other units, you'll be fine!:smile: :smile:
Also, the people who post on here are at the high end of students who took the exam. there might b a few who are amazing at physics, but the majority i think found it challenging to say the least!

just concentrate on enjoying the summer!:biggrin:
Reply 4
I wouldn't worry about it guys. Sounds like almost everyone has done badly therefore the grade boundaries will shift a lot (I once heard of an electronics paper when they had to almost double the marks coz it was that hard :eek: ). At the end of the day a C in physics is a great grade to have - just remember how hard Physics is - its not one of them easy subjects like Maths. lol :rolleyes:

I'm off to celebrate tomorrow - I suggest you guys do the same. :cool:

EDIT: scarlet ibis - what uni is it that you are going to and for what course (trying to think who will want an A in Physics other than Oxbridge and a few others)
lol. read my sig!cambridge: architecture:biggrin:
Reply 6
scarlet ibis
lol. read my sig!cambridge: architecture:biggrin:

no need to boast :biggrin:

dont worry Rose in Bloom, most people think they flunked it too... so hopefully if you didn't flunk it as much you will still get a good mark... well anyway theres nothing you can do about it now... so relax and just enjoy having no exams :smile:
I thought i did quite well in it actually... but I usually find everything I do easy... the shock comes on results day... when i get a crap mark... then i realise its hard :tongue:
S1M
no need to boast :biggrin:
pah! chubb did ask!:biggrin: :wink:
thanx 4 the rep btw!

S1M

I thought i did quite well in it actually... but I usually find everything I do easy...
who's boasting now, maths bof?:wink:
Reply 8
scarlet ibis
pah! chubb did ask!:biggrin: :wink:
ill let you off this time :biggrin:... but having it in your sig... is just like boasting in every post... :mad::biggrin: but you got the offer so you are entitled to boast!!! well its not really boasting... oh well im not making sense now...
scarlet ibis
thanx 4 the rep btw!
np
scarlet ibis
who's boasting now, maths bof?:wink:
you seem to be quite selective with your quotes :smile: did you read the rest of my post??? :tongue: I wasn't boasting... just expressing my opinion on the difficulty of the paper... Maths bof? well i am not gonna argue with you there :biggrin:... well i dont think im a bof... i think im good enough to get an A easily :smile: but i did 5 modules before this summer exam session :smile:
remember i might be a "maths bof" but ill never be a.... *cough*cambridge bof *cough* :tongue:
lol
well its only an offer from cambridge:rolleyes: if this is boasting jus think what ill b like when (IF) i get my grades:wink: :tongue:

i was just being economical with my quotes... using the important bits:tongue: :biggrin:
im sure ur not a bof, i just respect anyone whos good at maths! esp after that unit 6 paper (you found it easy?:eek: :confused: :biggrin: ) well i dont think i'm a *cough*cambridge bof*cough* either, so call it even?:wink:
Reply 10
scarlet ibis
lol
well its only an offer from cambridge:rolleyes: if this is boasting jus think what ill b like when (IF) i get my grades:wink: :tongue:
you mean when you get the grades... isnt that the 12th of august :tongue:... cambridge dont give out many offers to people who they think wont get the grades!
scarlet ibis
i was just being economical with my quotes... using the important bits:tongue: :biggrin:
lol... more like your manipulating it...
scarlet ibis
im sure ur not a bof,
well thanks a lot :frown: remove the one thing i am good at from me :frown: maths bof was my favourite title :frown:
scarlet ibis
i just respect anyone whos good at maths!
well i think cambridge students deserve more respect... :biggrin:
scarlet ibis
esp after that unit 6 paper (you found it easy?:eek::confused: :biggrin: )
it had a lot of maths'y type questions in and had all the stuff i revised... convieniently :rolleyes:... well not everything... tv question was quite tough...
scarlet ibis
well i dont think i'm a *cough*cambridge bof*cough* either, so call it even?:wink:
you have caught a cough too? :biggrin: even? erm... ill have to think about that....... but i like to think that im a maths bof... then i dont have to worry about working and ill still get the As :biggrin: so ill end this post with...
*cough*cambridge bof *cough* :tongue:
Reply 11
Dont worry Rose in Bloom! Most people at my school thought it was a really hard paper so that will help the grade boundries to go down. And, as it was one of the last exams, a lot of people couldnt be bothered to work for it. That means that the work you did will have made a big difference!

Seriously honey, dont worry about it. Its such an easy thing to say and I know its hard to put into practice. Worrying and thinking about it doesnt achieve anything. Just try and immerse yourself in getting a job or travelling or seeing friends or getting a perfect tan!!

You'll of done better than you think. Take care xxx
S1M

Maths bof? well i am not gonna argue with you there :biggrin:... well i dont think im a bof...
S1M
i like to think that im a maths bof...
hmm inconsistent!:wink: :biggrin:
to be a bof or not to be a bof? well it depends whether you think being a bof is good or not! i would say, given the evidence (finding PHY6 easy, going to uni 2 do a degree in maths) all the signs of being a maths bof are there!:biggrin:
and yes, it seems, *cough* that i also have *cough* *cough* deveolped an irritation in my brochial tubes!
*cough* maths bof *cough*
Reply 13
scarlet ibis
hmm inconsistent!:wink: :biggrin:
to be a bof or not to be a bof?
more quote manipulation i see... well you do have a point... before the P4 paper today I was definately a maths bof... but that paper... although it was relatively easy (so the others who did p4 say)... i don't think i got an A in it :eek: so i am tamed... i am no longer a maths bof... but i am in denial; hence the inconsistancy...
scarlet ibis
well it depends whether you think being a bof is good or not! i would say, given the evidence (finding PHY6 easy, going to uni 2 do a degree in maths) all the signs of being a maths bof are there!:biggrin:
well im not exactly going to do a degree in maths its MORSE (maths, operational research, statistics and economics.)... IMO its gonna be harder than maths but im always up for a challange :biggrin:... although 4 of my ucas applications were maths... i declined the 3 of those that accepted me (ucl, imperial and birmingham... damn buggers at Bath... they dont know when they see a good applicant :tongue:) and opted for maths and economics at LSE as insurance... which on reflection was a big mistake... i should have put down maths at imperial as my insurance :frown:
if i miss my grades... i will do another A level in maths and do step... then hopefully i can join you at cambridge :biggrin: (but i wont be a cambridge bof because it took me an extra year)
scarlet ibis
and yes, it seems, *cough* that i also have *cough* *cough* deveolped an irritation in my brochial tubes!
*cough* maths bof *cough*

oh... i hope you didn't catch the cough of me... :biggrin:
too much biology :yuk: there for me :smile:
omg... you are resorting to my tactics of the bof cough at the end :tongue:
hmm... i think i might save my self time and change my sig to:
*cough*cambridge bof *cough* :tongue:

EDIT: doesnt "bof" have 2 f's on the end?
Reply 14
Thank you all for lifting my spirits!...All that bickeering between S1M and scarlet ibis also cheered me up! you guys are gr8!....
Btw S1M, you really plan on studying maths?!!!...so do I!!!!..I am glad there is someone else in this world with the mad mind similar to mine, seriously, when ppl heard my decision, they though I needed a therapist or something:smile:lol:wink:...
I also wanted to know, once all the exams are over, do you ppl still visit UKL?...or it gets abandoned:frown:?....and everyone comes back around results time?
Anyway..Happy hols to all...cheers:biggrin:..thanx again!
Reply 15
Rose in Bloom
Thank you all for lifting my spirits!...All that bickeering between S1M and scarlet ibis also cheered me up! you guys are gr8!....
laugh at our expense then... thanks :frown: :biggrin:
Rose in Bloom
Btw S1M, you really plan on studying maths?!!!...so do I!!!!..I am glad there is someone else in this world with the mad mind similar to mine, seriously, when ppl heard my decision, they though I needed a therapist or something:smile:lol:wink:...
lol... well if you read the my last post on this thread... i am not doing plain maths :frown: I am doing MORSE :biggrin: (maths, operational research, statistics and economics)... i did have offers for plain maths but i decided to turn them down as i enjoy economics too much (as well as maths)... well still no physics (which i also enjoy) in this degree:frown:
Rose in Bloom
I also wanted to know, once all the exams are over, do you ppl still visit UKL?...or it gets abandoned:frown:?....and everyone comes back around results time?
well i guess we are just gona have to wait and see... im sure scarlet ibis will be back here to boast that she has made her offer for cambridge :biggrin:
Rose in Bloom
Anyway..Happy hols to all...cheers:biggrin:..thanx again!
thanks... happy hols too :smile:
Reply 16
I need an A in Physics as well, and courtesy of PHY6 my 4 months of really hard work may have been squandered. I got next to no sleep on Monday night, which could've wrecked my Chemistry exams but thankfully didn't.

Even though it's all been said already, I wanted to say to everybody else who's feeling bad about it that since you can't do anything about it 'til Aug 19th, you shouldn't let it ruin your summer. Though it has soured my mood, I certainly will try my best not to let it stop me having a good time.

I have to adjust to my old social self since I became something of a recluse during the exam period!

Oh my friend read something out to me today that was written in some music room at college, and I wanted to share it with y'all: A prayer for the stressed
Reply 17
That was good prayer Resonance..def some thing we all need!...
S1M--->Good luck wit your MORSE degree...btw, how many years is it? and where will you be doing it?....
Good luck everyone with the results!
btw, Scarlet Ibis, lucky you! Cambridge!..that was in my dreams!...go you!..(don't worry S1M, I am not flattering her or something, she really deserves the praises!:smile:lol!)
chers ppl...gonna miss you al lots during the hols..will log in once in a while to see whats new but I reckon it gonna be a bit quiet!...
cheers:smile:
hope ur feeling better about things, R I B!:biggrin: glad our silly bickereing cheered u up! :tongue: it definately cheered me up too, took my mind off the events of monday...

sounds like you might be a bit of maths bof too, what with going to do a degree in it and everything!:wink:

btw, according to some people, ukl actually livens up once the exams are over, cos everyones not so focused on exam stuff. we'll have to wait and see:biggrin:
Reply 19
Rose in Bloom
S1M--->Good luck wit your MORSE degree...btw, how many years is it? and where will you be doing it?....
Thanks... i am not there yet... I have to get my 3 As first :biggrin: or AAB with A in AS further maths :biggrin:
Rose in Bloom
Good luck everyone with the results!
good luck with yours too :smile:
Rose in Bloom
btw, Scarlet Ibis, lucky you! Cambridge!..that was in my dreams!...go you!..(don't worry S1M, I am not flattering her or something, she really deserves the praises!:smile:lol!)
i assure you that luck wasnt involved in it... was it scarlet ibis? :biggrin: some of these (coughing) bofs are destined to go to cambridge...

Latest