The Student Room Group

Do I HAVE to go to my insurance if I don't get into my firm?

I've firmed Durham, insured York. I'm praying I'll get into Durham because I wasn't convinced by the quality of the York course (SPS) when I went to the offer holders' day. If I don't make my Durham grades is it possible to go into clearing when you've made it into your insurance?
TIA
Reply 1
Original post by picklescamp
I've firmed Durham, insured York. I'm praying I'll get into Durham because I wasn't convinced by the quality of the York course (SPS) when I went to the offer holders' day. If I don't make my Durham grades is it possible to go into clearing when you've made it into your insurance?
TIA

You don't have to do anything ... If you no longer want to go to York just withdraw. Then you'll go straight into Clearing if Durham reject you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by picklescamp
TIA

If you don't want to go to your insurance then contact them and ucas now (before July) and get them removed so that you just have a firm.
If you miss your firm and they reject you AND your insurance accept you then you would have to ask permission from your insurance to be placed into clearing.

Be aware though that Durham have a history of sitting on near miss applicants for days after results - quite often long enough for alternatives in clearing to be gone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending